bull*$#@ artists! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

bull*$#@ artists!

I just wanted to post to see if anyone has every had to deal with the typical bullshit artist. Here is my story. I went riding with one of my good friends the other day and he invited some guy he new from a long time ago that he happended to bump into. The guy rides a stock TL1000. We rode for a little bit and this guy lagged behind the whole time, (On straights, twisties, you name it). We stopped and the guy with the tl started to talk about bikes with me. He asked me how fast I have had my bike up to so I told him that I have seen 166mph on the speedo. These are the honest numbers I have seen. whether or not the speedo is correct i dont know. I have nothing to lie about. As soon as I said that the guy laughs at me and starts insulting me and my bike. He tells me that I don't know what I am talking about and I have no business riding a bike with my lack of knowledge. Then he proceeds to tell me how much work he has done to his bike. He tells me that he has 305 horsepower to the rear wheel and he runs his bike on jet fuel. The only thing I could do was laugh because that is impossible, I don't even think you can burn jet fuel in an internal combustion engine, and 305 hp even with a turbo is unrealistic, mind you that this bike is naturally aspirated. Then he starts to talk about how the motor is bored soo much that the cylinders are the size of gallon paint cans. I guess this guy didn't think that I would shut him down, I happen to know what i am talking about. The tl even has a stock exhaust, but the guy told me that it has tuneable baffles and if he turns the end of the exhaust to the left he gets more power. I can't believe people would even say things like these. I asked him if he wanted to race and he said that racing is childish. People like this make no sense. I just had to vent because i thought this was unbelieveable. Let me know what your thoughts are on the subject. I didn't get mad that he was lying about his bike, I got mad when he told me I have no business on a bike because I don't know what I am talking about. This guys attitude was unbelievable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 10:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to sisqo
Holy shyte! Im embarrassed for this guy and I have no idea who he is. How the hell did you end up riding with this idiot? You guys should've never waited on him. Personally, I would've pulled a whoodini (or however you spell it). Amazing.......ignorance at that level is by far in-tolerable.

You have the right to remain silent and errrm open your legs furrr me. -drunk friend and oblivious female-
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 11:54 AM

After insulting you, I don't know how you managed to contain yourself from shooting him down.

What a f*cking tosser!

(Him, not you...)

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

he even started bragging about his stainless steel valves, and custom ground cams that he personally grinded in a machine shop. He got pissed when I started asking him about the valve duration and overlap, then I told him stainless valves are normal and if his bike was really worked he would have titanium valves Mind you I was doing this in front of a # of people. However, he wouldn't race me, I am seriously wondering who would win his stock tl100 or my gsxr 750 in a straight run.... What do you think? Some other riders were laughing at the guy when they heard his story they were laughing even harder when I told the bullshit artist that moto gp bike don't make 305 hp. I don't know why I am getting worked up. I should just laugh at the guy.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to sisqo
Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie_steve
However, he wouldn't race me, I am seriously wondering who would win his stock tl100 or my gsxr 750 in a straight run.... What do you think? I should just laugh at the guy.
Personally, I think the Gix would take the flag in the quarter without trouble. A long run on the other hand would be interesting.

The guy is hardly worth laughing at, it appears we have a new breed of squid on our hands.

*********Report Immediately**********

You have the right to remain silent and errrm open your legs furrr me. -drunk friend and oblivious female-
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 01:26 PM

Ask to see the dyno sheet showing his 305hp.

Better yet, tell every biker you meet about this TL1000 with 305hp. Give them his name and as many details as you can. Flush the guy of his bullsh*t hole.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Perhaps he was just pressing your buttons and he is the one laughing at you getting so mad?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 02:44 PM

Bull sh!t artist? I beg to differ, my Vance and Heinz slip on adds like 45hp! Dont let me get started on the weight savings, my aftermarket fairings and footpegs dropped about 50 pounds, so its mad light yo!

Id tell ya by the flux capasetor, but it makes the bike run a lil rich so i only use it in 7th gear for the extra speed up top!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
Perhaps he was just pressing your buttons and he is the one laughing at you getting so mad?
That's what I first thought...

Then again, it's happened to me a few times... I usually just nod and say, "Uh-huh", start futzing around with something so he gets the hint I'm not going to get into the conversation...

We all have pet peeves, I guess this one's yours!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

like I said, it wasn't the lies that got me upset. It was him putting me down that got me angry. Everytime I see him around town I will just embaress him in front of the other riders in my group. Some people are unbelievable. LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode