New '06 10R - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

New '06 10R

Well after much talk, anticipation and many, many net flame wars, we finally have a new zx10r.

Too bad this is it:

I mean really.. It looks like a motorcycle was raped by a snail! WTF????
Maybe it looks better from the rear...

That has got to be the fattest ass to ever grace a motorcycle. I guess the snail motorcycle got turned into threesome when oprah knocked on the door.
Damn it kawasaki what are you doing?!?!?
Maybe some technical upgrades will make up for the looks...
Quote:
Headlining the changes to an already potent powerplant is a boost in midrange torque brought on by a more efficient fuel-injection system. This system features 43mm throttle bodies with dual throttle valves, and its new "ultra-fine atomizing injectors" are claimed to offer improved combustion. Oddly, Kawasaki doesn't claim an increase in peak power from this new mill that has had its cylinder-bank angle slightly changed from 20 degrees to 23.
Well that doesnt sound too promising... Atomizing injectors.. Great, set the phasers on stun please...
Quote:
An interesting change to the new ZX is a heavier flywheel that is said to smooth the ferocious powerband of the previous engine, aided by its generator that moves from behind the cylinders to the crankshafts end, further adding mass to the rotating assembly.
That doesnt fill my heart with glee..
Next
Quote:
And Kawi also has tossed the much maligned instrument cluster into the circular file and replaced it with a new gauge pack that has an analog tachometer combined with a digital speedo. Team Green claims some sort of new technology that gives the impression the cluster is further away, making it easier for eyes to transition from the focus of the road to that of the gauges. Its backlighting can be set to four levels of brightness.
THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ORIGINAL CLUSTER. Really its fine. Why dont you get all those boys that have been working on making the cluster look "farther away" and make them design a faster bike! FOOK!
There is some good news
Quote:
And Kawasaki has finally answered our prayers to address the ZX's few shortcomings. It has finally fitted a steering damper on the mighty beast, a spendy, twin-tube, adjustable Ohlins piece, no less.
Well it does need a damper. Thats a nice touch.
But seriously, I feel like a kid that got coal for xmas. I'm going to wait, and see what the reviews say.. But unless something spectacular appears in one of them, I'm ready to trade in my green shirt for a gixxer...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 AM

gixxer 1k son. Do it. That thing, imho, not so attractive haha. They're slowing it down for a new year? yea.... Not sure what they're thinkin on that one. Whatever.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

I can already see Izzy laughing his ass off.

I finally figured out what those headlights reminded me off. A buell!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Rear end resembles Gix 1k K5 w/o the ugly pipes. Take of the pipes, and it could be civilized looking.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

odd. Motorcycle usa says Kawi didnt mention increasing power, but fit a lighter radiator. Motorcycle usa says the weight has been reduced and the power increased. Judging by the picture I'd say niether mag. actually seen the bike, much less ridden it. So which is it going to be? is it lighter or heavier? I would think the new exhaust adds a chunk of weight, more than the radiator alone can cover.

Damn it, I need more info! I'll forgive the space snail looks if its fast enough...

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 01:56 PM

It's just their way of throwing in the towel for the next 2 years may be. The bike essentially looks the same, but the rear messed up the beautiful lines, it looks like a Viffer now.

I doubt they'll come up top next year.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 02:34 PM

And i thought the gix 1k was ugly.

I need more specs befor i make an opinion.

Glad to see they added a damper to the beast.

The heavier flywheel, you will actually appreciate that when playing with 160 hp in a 30mph turn buzzing about 10,000 rpm's, they needed to tame that engine down a tone, and to do it with more flywheel weight, thats better than less hp.

So far, not impressed.

P.S. HA HAAAAAAAAA
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 02:36 PM

Oh yea, some one tell them to lose the whole "ninja" theme, That is just gay!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by izzybo69

The heavier flywheel, you will actually appreciate that when playing with 160 hp in a 30mph turn buzzing about 10,000 rpm's, they needed to tame that engine down a tone, and to do it with more flywheel weight, thats better than less hp.
Heavier flywheel means less throttle responce. Its abit too tame as it is if you ask me. I'd like to see a busa like jumpiness.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 07:46 AM

Ugly, but not as bad as the Gixer 1k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode