Hi, New guy here - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Hi, New guy here

I'm just about to purchase my first bike, I've pretty set on a SV650. I have little experiance with street bikes. But I have had many quads and dirt bikes and recently rode my friends 05 CBR 600RR. Very fun but a little too much for me right now

Now my question is this, I can't seem to find a used SV650 in my area worth a shit so I was wondering if I could get some help or somthing on finding the bike. I also would like to know what year models are carbed and what ones are FI and any other important differences. Hate to be a noob but ya gotta start somwhere. And this is the first place I came across

And I noticed that CMD954 is in monkey town, I'm about 20 mins away from you in Tallassee. Small world

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:54 AM

Welcome to SBW.
Smart choice on the starter. Someone should correct me on this, I believe SV's went to fuel injection in '03. Having never owned one, I'm not too sure.
The best place I know of to look for used bikes is the thrifty nickel, or its local equivalent.

When you do get a bike, consider getting frame sliders. They are only $50-$100 and will save you a ton of money when you drop it.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Strength and Honor

Check out svrider.com, where you'll find an SV-specific forum. This provides two things (minimally) of interest to you:
1) A classified section that has lots of SV's for sale in it (usually). You will probably be able to find one close to you.

2) Information on the various years and any interesting mods (free or otherwise).

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:36 AM

Check out this atrocity from the SVrider.com classified:

GS handguards, powder blue wheels...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

thats sick. Thanks for the help
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 06:30 AM

If you're still looking for a bike, you might check Craig's list. I'm not sure how active it is in your area, but there is a local hub, so..
http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/

(I got my CBR 600 F2 from CL, lots of bikes on there!)

I'd also just check the surrounding areas.. I looked at the CL motorcycle section for your local area (I think) and it was pretty dead. *shrugs*

Just a thought, though.

Best of luck, and be safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode