I Live Vicariously, Through You guys - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Talking I Live Vicariously, Through You guys

Yes I do!!! So Keep posting!

I am a 33 yr. old Married husband with a beautiful wife and 2 great kids(1 and 3 yrs. of age.) I have run the gambit of motorcycles. First bike was a Ninja 250R(back in 1988), then to a CBR600F2, then a CBR600F3, then an 86 GSXR750 (My personal Favorite), then a 93 YZF750SP, and finally a Harley Sporster 1200 Custom. I have been awaiting my purchase of a 2006 GSXR1000, but we tried camping with a pop up. So, now, I will be taking the money from my Gixxer account and using it to purchase a 26 foot Travel Trailer, yup, a camper. Hey, The kids LOVED IT!!! How in the heck am I going to put the family on the back of the gixxer and call it a "Family Weekend?" LOLOL!!! So, for me to get back to my Sport Riding roots, it'll be a few more years of saving. But, the smiles on my Children's faces every time we go to Santa's Village or any other Camping spot is worth it. So, Keep posting about your rides and bikes, and I'll keep living Vicariously...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 PM

Keep on plugging along for a minor set back like a pop up trailer & the fun with the family will mean a lot to all & when it comes to the GSXR-1000 it will be even more updated.

So far you are on a winning line so keep it going.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
I somewhat know what you are going through, however, I do have a sportbike. But I finally am close to having enough money for my dream bike but I need to spend the $$ on an engagement ring for my girlfriend cause its either one or the other. So heres to saving for that dream bike...again!

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Strength and Honor

My very first thought was this was nearly the most blasphemous thread I've ever read: camper over bike?

But kids will only be kids for so long. Smitty's proof the riding can last long into retirement, so you should be proud of yourself for prioritizing wisely (IMHO).

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Dad

I made a lot of those kinds of decisions, too.

.... so we ALL got dirt bikes.

Kids come first. My three are pretty well grown now and my daughter has been riding street with me for the last four years or so. They're a blast.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
My very first thought was this was nearly the most blasphemous thread I've ever read: camper over bike?

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
But kids will only be kids for so long. Smitty's proof the riding can last long into retirement, so you should be proud of yourself for prioritizing wisely (IMHO).

I totally agree on this one, Kan! You turn your back on a baby for a minute, turn back around and they're going away to college!

Or in my case this morning, fishing in the toilet.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:05 AM

Hey...as long as you're living vicariously, you want to hear about this hot blonde 19 y.o. girl I brought home the other night??

Kidding...but really...get the kids dirtbikes to go with the camper!!

Dirtbiking is one of the best father/son activities you can share...thank god I didn't grow up playing travel soccer or something equally gay.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:55 AM

Forget the GSXR for now and picking up an older bike. Should be able to secure something nice for around 2-3k that would satisfy your desire to ride as well as perhaps allow the camper.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:20 AM

Thats one of the best thread I've read...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:31 AM

I had made the decision to purchase my bike despite the fact that I have 4 kids, with the youngest at the time 1yr old. That was my first bike, though, and my logic was that while one can ride a bike into older years, learning to ride would be easier while I'm younger. Perhaps I was justifying my impatience, but I had to give up martial arts due to the family time/$$ requirements, but I still wanted set an example to my kids that there are ways to follow your dreams and fulfill family commitments at the same time. In fact, they are already pestering me for a dirtbike, which I will gladly oblige, as soon as I can get MamaBear's buy-in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode