Finally got my gear - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Finally got my gear

So all my stuff i ordered from kneedraggers has finally came. It took a little longer than expected, due to a little miscommuninication, but no worries. Matts a good guy and he'll take care of ya, but to the goods.

I went for a 30-45 minute ride about an hour ago so heres a short review so far,

Icon mainframe, very comfy, before i was riding with a helmet to big for me noggin, new helmet fits well, good ventilation, no complaints so far.

Joe rocket sonic perf jacket, it was a humid night, but while moving, the jacket flowed air well.

Icon recon jeans. I thought the knees would have a little more toughness to them, just really 2 layers of thick denim, but w/e. The pants flow some great air to you crotch, eliminating alot of swamp ass, definatly like these. Only thing, i ordered a 34 waiste, i usaually wear a 32, but theses seem as tight as 32s, so if you order get 2 sizes bigger.

Icon standard boots. Might take 3 months to break these bad boys in. Pretty heavy duty. One grype is i wore ankle socks with them, and my left ankle was rubbing alot against the inerts of the boot, moral, wear taller socks.

Ive never ridden with basically full gear before and i guess since im not worried about getting rash if i go down, or some other subconcious bs, but as i rode, i felt not only more confident, but as if i had better control of the bike for some reason.. Or maybe im crazy, but whos counting.

Anyway if anyone is interested in buying any of the gear listed above, ill give my honest opinion on it, so just pm me.... Later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 07:26 PM

Re: Finally got my gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fizzer-aid
...as i rode, i felt not only more confident, but as if i had better control of the bike for some reason...
There's something comforting about having a layer of gear between you and the road.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
Re: Re: Finally got my gear

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
There's something comforting about having a layer of gear between you and road.

+1

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 05:24 AM

Skin is good. Gear saves skin. Therefore gear is good.

Wear it everytime you ride, because you never know when you are going to go down. Once you get use to riding in gear you will feel absolutly naked and vunerable without it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:06 AM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Re: Finally got my gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fizzer-aid
Ive never ridden with basically full gear before and i guess since im not worried about getting rash if i go down, or some other subconcious bs, but as i rode, i felt not only more confident, but as if i had better control of the bike for some reason.. Or maybe im crazy, but whos counting.

I know the feeling. I used to wear jeans and my leather jacket. Now I go full leathers on rides. Call it my Superman suit, you feel indestructible. I push myself a little more, not stupid though. I have found I have gotten allot better on my cornering, not perfect, just better.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 04:21 PM

Unfortunately.. as you probably won't want to hear this..

Icon is junk.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Proof of this statement please?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:53 AM

Run a search in the gear section and general forum for icon gear... Seen way too many reports of it self destructing and pulling apart on impact to consider it myself.

No first hand experience I will admit. Your fellow cyclists wouldn't lie to you though
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kestrel
Icon is junk.
Most of the guys in my area that wear icon are poser squids who are trying to pick up girls, not save themselves in a crash.

Most people here either ride Joe Rocket, FieldSheer, or A*.

I firmly believe that you REALLY don't know what you want out of gear until you go down in the gear that you have.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 04:48 PM

most people dont praise as much as they gripe about gear, its that one time in that one situation where the gear doesnt perform as well as expected that you hear about usually. two guys i know went down about a month apart, one wearing the joe rocket rasp and one the icon timax. they both got trashed and tore in a place or two, but saved them from injury.

just my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode