Need new rubber. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Ice

Need new rubber.

Anyone tried the new Pilot Powers? I've heard good things about them. I have the bt014's on right now, but no shop carries them in stock and I'm getting the new tires today or the next. I'm thinking the powers or the diablo corsas. Anyone got any other suggestion?

What do you people think about changing just the rear? I think I'm just gonna change both, although the front probably has a couple thousand miles or more left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:25 AM

I would match the front and rear tire. I have not tried the pilot powers because I have heard that they wear rather quickly. I chose to give the metzler sportec m-1's a try. So far I am happy with them. If you get the pilot powers let me know how they work out.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:30 AM

I find the M1's wear kinda quick. I have had them for 3.5-4K and the rear is showing some signifigant signs of wear.

I want to hear from someone that uses 207rr's

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 AM

If you do Track Days &/or ride the bike darn hard then I would say match the tyres. Still for the normal rider of a sportbike just put on what you want front or rear.

I am slowly working my bike to Bridgestone BT-012 front & BT-014 rear as I prefer the best traction at the front.

Have the BT-102 on the front of my Yamaha 600r but an old stock Metzeler ME-Z2 on the rear.

The 954 is still with stock tyre of last August.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode