05 YZF R6 Thoughs: Inverted Forks - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

05 YZF R6 Thoughs: Inverted Forks

I recently went to the dealer and sat ona 05 YZF R6 Raven Black. I didn't want to get off of it. Sadly my credit sucks so i have to come up with alot more money before i can buy it. How ever i would like to know any ones opinions on this bike. Also any thoughs on the whole Inverted Forkes concept. I think it is the most striking bike i have seen and fell in love.

See how sick is this bike. Please feal free to comment so i dont feal so guilty about droping 8g.

Thx, Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:10 AM

Two buddies own them (05's) so I got to ride them a few times.
Impressions:
Suspension is superb. (Inverted fork makes for lighter unsprung weight and is stronger where it needs it)
The bike is light, flickable.
Ergonomics are relativly pleasant. Its still a sportbike, but its much more relaxed than my 10
The tranny needs another 2 gears. The power is there but you gotta click at the tranny a few times to find it. That might just be going from a liter to a 600
Needs braided brake lines. The brakes feel wooden. Utter lack of feedback. But its a cheap fix
The clutch is bizzare. first 20% of the motion has the entire slip territory. Makes starting from a stop abit difficult. You feather the clutch out and for the longest time nothing happens. Just when you start thinking you forgot to put it in gear it lurges forward. But once again its something you get used to.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 07:36 PM

The clutch is fine. I don't have the problem that Vash Described. I use two fingers only, and as soon as I start to let the clutch out the bike starts to move.

As far as the brakes they are great. Yea you do need lines. When I first got my bike I took it back to the dealer thinking there was something wrong with my brakes. They said they where fine. Now that I have a few miles on the bike over 5k. I'm very inpressed with the brakes. I will be adding SS lines shoretly though.

There are a few things that you will notice if you just ride this bike once in a while. But if its your bike and you ride it all the time you will learn the bike, and you will have fun on it.

The supension the bike is great. I had an 01 before. Its night and day between these two.

Diffently will worth it.
The Raven is great color choice to.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Thx for the input. Can some one explain the differance between stock break lines and steal breaded break lines.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 12:32 PM

With your normal brakes lines in the hot weather at times the brake line(s) could possibly bulge & so one looses some stopping power.

With braided stainless steel or Kevlar lines there is no possible bulge & actually they are often faster & more powerful then stock ones.

We have had people on the boards put these on & then blame said new lines for the reason they locked up their front wheel & went down. Still those are usually newbies that have not learned so yes a bit of caution when they are put on & then you get the feel of them & that is what you will have on your next bike as well.

My three sportbikes are all with Kevlar front brake lines!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode