Sort of a safety tip for all riders. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Sort of a safety tip for all riders.

Long week-ends are big times for all working people so basically we all know said long week-ends are from Sunday to & including Monday.

Still so many start the long week-end a bit longer meaning Friday. Probably the worst of all is Labour Day or this one on September lst for so many start to hord the streets & hwys till sometime in Tuesday.

IF(?) you feel you can stick around at home & not be on the hwys & road then you have created a safer way of surviving.

I noted to-day that even on this Thursday the roads & hwys were crowded & on roads I should be trotting along at a good pace were crawling ones due to traffic. So obviously I will be at home all Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday & might even have to include Tuesday.

Take it from an old sod that has been riding for 59 yrs. True such long week-ends were when I would be at some race event to compete & would travel there a day before the long-week-end & come back a day AFTER the the long week-end AND in these cases I would be driving a cage hauling a m/c trailer with basically two comp irons SO my chances of being wiped out by a crazy when on my m/c were basically nil.

Last edited by Smitty; 08-25-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:22 PM

smitty, good advice as always... hmmnnn .. from a old codger too...ride safe folks , and this weekend think about maybe the cage depending on your plans.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Still to-day is only August 25th so six more days till August 31st. The light has just come on about this.

Obviously this is going to be ANOTHER of those screwed-up super long week-ends of where many shops will be closed even on Sept 6th.

So we could be looking at a super wild two long week-ends & one has to wonder how many will end up with bike down & themselves in the ruddy hospital??

So all I can say is take it easy for there will be a lot of crazy boozing fools out there for the next week or two.

I think we have The Iron Man coming on here in Penticton, B.C. Cdn on Labour Day & this is the only one in Canada sothese are the days I see a lot of nice looking rear ends of the woman cycling on the hwys.

I do not ride around the lake they will start out in or on the roads they will be jogging for so many miles still in all the distances are long for a triathalon.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:15 PM

Good advice, you've got to watch on on the holidays, don t forget many schools are starting to repack and move in as well. Speaking as a youth, holidays= noob drunk drivers.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Agree that all schools will be back into swing by Sept 1st & that is when the police are looking for anyone clocking speeds above 15mph. Not to mention that a lot of parents deliver or pick up theri kids by their cages SO starting & quitting time can be a LOT of cages along with kids riding their bicycles.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:55 AM

My favorite time to ride is early on weekend mornings when the drunks are all sleeping it off, especially in the summer when it cooler.

The best advice is just assume all the cars are out to kill you, so more cars on the road the more opportunities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode