Holly Sh*T (rant) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Holly Sh*T (rant)

I swear, the hotter it gets outside, the more ignorant cagers get. Aside from that I was on my way back to work, had my lid on and sunglasses as well, however, my visor was up and a bee flew into the corner of my helmet right where my temple is. I thought he had bounced out and kept riding. Not 5 seconds later the bastard was bitting the shit out of me. Keep in mind this is a fairly busy road. I pulled over and ripped off my helmet as fast as I could and the bee fell to the ground where I took delight in squashing him. everyone on the road behind me had went into one lane and was almost backed up.

I proceded to put my lid on as fast as I could in fear of getting rear ended. It sucked!!

bee's suck ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:32 PM

Had the exact same thing happen to me. Well sort of exact. Mine bit me on impact, right in that soft tissue below the eyeball. I was on a busy street, but less then 10ft away from a turn in to <somewhere>. I managed to pull in, right as both my eyes swole shut.
Scary.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:37 PM

I wear hard contact lenses, and have to deal with shit like this 2 or 3 times per season. There have been times where one eye is not only shut, but burning and tearing as well. Sometimes, I've had to scream within my helmet to keep one eye open long enough to get someplace safe...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:48 PM

Last summer, had a bee hit me in adams apple,as i am alergic, had to go to hospital cause i could not breath. That sucked, so i feel for ya.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by izzybo69
Last summer, had a bee hit me in adams apple,as i am alergic, had to go to hospital cause i could not breath. That sucked, so i feel for ya.
A friend of our had a similar situation happen to her on her way to our place. I was wondering about the danger of riding in that situation, but now that I think about it, its probably far worse to just sit there b/c of the allergy. Glad you made it

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 AM

Thing is even with a Shoei FFhelmet one can occasionally have a bee or something else enter for the draft from the fairing up front is aimed at your chest & so it is easy to have something come up & cause a bit of confussion.

On the hwys I basically have to stop around 2 or three time to clean the helmet visor basically because my left eye is almost usless so any crap messing up the right eye is IMMEDIATE call for stopping & cleaning.

Now my mtn hwys are what some of you might call "back-roads" or even "twisties" in some cases. So pretty hard to have depth of preception with left eye doing just 10% & right forced to do full 100% & even then I am wearing pescription glasses.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 PM

bee's dont bite, they sting, lol i'm just being a smart ass
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 02:02 PM

Same here...just not in the helmet. The jacket of my uniform is long so it's not tucked in and a bee flew up between my jacket and t-shirt...got all the way to my shoulder blades before it decided to sting the hell out of me. Not allergic so I just looked like a fool ripping my jacket off at a stop light. Sister is alergic and eyes and throat swell shut real quick, so I know how ya feel.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

a couple days before that I was exiting the freeway and I had my zipper on my jacket undone about 1/4 of the way for more ventilation when a dragonfly hit my chest and got caught in my coat. when I unzipped my coat it flew away but that tought me to keep my shit zipped up.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 04:03 PM

Generally speaking, my visor is shut when I'm moving. On rare occasion I will leave it cracked to the first click. Even then, the thought runs through my mind about something like this happening. I know how annoying it is when a gnat or other tiny insect gets in through the vents or comes up through the bottom. I can't imagine having a bee get inside! My sympathies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode