Don't you be next......... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Don't you be next.........

That's 3 in the last month. Damn. Here is the info

Dragon claims victim
2005-08-14
by Anna C. Irwin of The Daily Times Staff

An Illinois man was killed Saturday morning when his motorcycle wrecked on U.S. 129 less than a mile from the North Carolina line.

Jeremy M. Stuck, 31, of Dixon, Ill., died when his 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R motorcycle slid on a curve half a mile from the state line and Stuck lost control. The motorcycle went into the oncoming lane and hit the front of a 2000 Toyota Tundra, then off into a ditch.

Tennessee Highway Patrol Trooper Ron McDonald said the motorcycle was traveling toward the state line at 10 a.m. Saturday and the truck driven by Todd E. McKeehan of Robbinsville, N.C. was traveling into Blount County. McDonald said McKeehan, who pastors a church in Robbinsville, had his wife Melissa and 3-year-old daughter Abbey in the truck with him but no one in the vehicle was injured.

The trooper said Stuck apparently died on impact with the front of the truck. He said the Graham County, N.C., Ambulance Service, Rural/Metro Ambulance Service, and a Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency officer responded to the accident scene. Stuck's body was taken to Blount Memorial Hospital by Rural/Metro Ambulance Service.

The death is the 13th traffic fatality of the year in Blount County. The seven traffic fatalities since June 30 have all been individuals riding motorcycles.

Stuck's death is the third during that period on an 11-mile section of U.S. 129 known as the Dragon. The winding roadway features more than 300 curves and attracts motorcyclists from across the country. Two motorcyclists, one from Florida and the other from Maryland, were killed in accidents July 21 and July 22 on the Dragon.
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM

Gonna be off limits someday if this keeps up.

R.I.P.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 05:45 PM

R.I.P.

Be safe everyone!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 08:52 PM

my best wishes to the family, R.I.P Atleast he went out doing something he loved.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:35 PM

So it says he slid. Has any one else heard the rumors that the locals are tossing oil on the corners?

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 04:41 AM

R.I.P

I head of some kids tossing oil. I was under the impression that it was a one time thing. But maybe not.
I wish they would make the road one way. A better idea would be for someone to buy it, and make it into a track.
Oh, for those who read the cutting the car in half thread, notice that no one in the other vehicle was hurt.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:22 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
R.I.P

I head of some kids tossing oil. I was under the impression that it was a one time thing. But maybe not.
I wish they would make the road one way. A better idea would be for someone to buy it, and make it into a track.
Oh, for those who read the cutting the car in half thread, notice that no one in the other vehicle was hurt.
The difference being that in the other thread the bike t-bones the car at an extremely high rate of speed, not smashes into the front of it. It's a lot easier to go through a door than it is an engine.

Sorry to hear about yet another downed rider.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:48 PM

I'm probably heading there tomorrow.

Last week, I was down there and through one of the switchbacks there was a chalk outline of a body. Kinda creeped me out mid-turn. Maybe it was just some kind of joke.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mac020
Gonna be off limits someday if this keeps up.

How do you figure? It's not like they are going to close the road because someone dies on it, even several someones. If that were the case, they'd all be closed. It might draw more scrutiny from LEO for a while, but that's about it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by hapmstr

How do you figure? It's not like they are going to close the road because someone dies on it, even several someones. If that were the case, they'd all be closed. It might draw more scrutiny from LEO for a while, but that's about it.
If they can take your land, they can close a highway. Or, like you said, they'll just start patroling it more thoroughly. The local cops could probably reduce patrolling other roads in lue of this one and generate more ticket revenue than before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode