Harley "riders"... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Harley "riders"...

I looked around, and this seems to be the best place for my little rant...so here goes.

Today at work, a customer and I got talking about debt, and my bike naturally comes up as it is the only debt I have. It went like this:

"Well, what kind of bike do you have?"

"A Ninja."

"..."

"..."

"That's not what you need. What you need is a Harley."

"I need a bike that doesn't leak oil."

"Well, they may leak oil, but you will ALWAYS make your money back on them...50 years from now, when you sell it, you will make so much money off of it--"

"Sir, 50 years from now I will be 73, and probably dead. That is a long time to wait to make some money on a bike that leaks oil. Besides, only richboys can afford Harleys, I am a poor student. I got 4.99% on my Kawasaki, and it was $3,499 out the door. Can Harley offer me a deal like that, PLUS reliabliity?...Besides, Harleys are for old men and fags wanting to look macho when they are not doing accounting or dentistry during the daytime. I can't afford a $20,000 bike. Plus, the Ninja is very quick and fun to throw around twisty roads--"

"But Harleys aren't built for performance--"

"They SUUUURE aren't."

"They are built for cruising..."

"I don't want to 'cruise', I want to SPEED."

"But--"

"Ride safely, sir. What kind of Harley do you own?"

"I don't own one."

"Have you ever owned one?"

"No, but if I had the money I would buy one becuse I would not ride often..."

"So, this is the greatest bike in the world, the absolute pinacle, yet you have not so much as sat on one?! Have you ridden ANY bike before?"

"No, but if I had--"

"Have a nice day sir..." (walks away smirking...)

"They aren't bult for performance, they are built for...cruising..."

What a dumbass. Only in Texas.

On a bright note, a guy on a red R6 gave me a big thumbs up today. That would never happen from an arrogant Hardly rider...or dreamer, like this pig. lol

So, ladies and gentlemen...I want, no...I NEED to hear your Harley rants!!! Fire away!!!

Last edited by 2005Ninja250R; 08-13-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 11:54 PM

Go back a few months on Harley trashing posts. I got a few good shots in. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the H-D trashing is in a rest mode right now. At least for me. I can't think of anything more negative to say right now, or I would.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert-Lad
Go back a few months on Harley trashing posts. I got a few good shots in. I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the H-D trashing is in a rest mode right now. At least for me. I can't think of anything more negative to say right now, or I would.
I was just doing that when i found your fresh post. Thanks.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 09:50 AM

That's more of an ignorant non-rider rant, not a Harley rant. There are plenty of dumbasses like that guy who spout even worse misinformation about sportbikes as the absolute truth.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 AM

I have had that same conversation you had several times with the same responses but have changed my opinion recently.
On a recent trip to the Pacific coast and back, picking the most curvey roads for the route, I would estimate 80% of the bikes I saw were Harleys, 15% BMW and Japanese tourers and 5% or less were sport bikes. They all seemed to be having a good time, same as me. BTW 99% waved.

I think you can only cruise around town to the local gathering spots so much before it gets old and you want more. A lot of these Harley posers are getting out there and becoming motorcyclists.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 12:55 PM

Man that is awesome, what an idiot!

I can't stand harley riders who are ignorant and don't wave, or just don't like sportbike riders.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 PM

Why get into a sensless argument of my bike is better then your bike or my bike is better looking then yours, or my bike is faster to on & on it can go?

Simply a idiotic waste of time & space on the board.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Simply a idiotic waste of time & space on the board.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Life is going to hand you shitty cards. Why bitch about the bad things that happen when there are so many good things?

Yes, I am not fond of Harley riders myself, and more so because of where I live. I also have given up on waving to them as they are so hard core down here. When I lived in Atlanta, the Harley guys were your typical Harley guys: physicians and lawyers riding the 'Hell's Angels' bike. They were usually nice. Shit, here I go starting another rant. Sorry!

Just don't worry about what people think and say. If you like your bike and have fun with it, leave it at that. Your life is exactly that: YOUR life. Do what you want to do, not what others want you to do.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 04:56 PM

There really is no sense in arguing with people like that. I usually give them one or two word sentences to make them shut up and disappear. Arguing back at another person like that proves no point either really. If he wants a harley, then by god his mind is set on getting a "gud ol' amurrican mayde."

The 250 is an AMAZING bike for the money, I do have to agree. I'm in love with mine and drive it every day.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 05:00 PM

..........Never Mind

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode