Fooking people! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Angry Fooking people!

Fooking people!

First day back at riding, took a month off to heal my elbow....... some asshole touces my bike!

Not touches the handlebar or the seat.... MOVES THE F-ing thing back!

When I left it this morning, I put the disc lock on the bottom of the front rotor, I come out on my break, still in the same spot, I go out on lunch, the disc lock is on top! Some not only touched it, they moved! If I would have caught him, I would have beaten 'em with gimp arm too!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!!!!

Sorry, had to vent.

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:25 PM

My best friend used to mess with me like that. Just take my bike and turn in around in the parking spot. I would be walking around all day trying to figure out what on earth happened. Untill I figured it out, and started moving his to the other side of the parking lot, or to the next block... You get the game....

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:40 PM

Do you leave it in gear when you park it? If so, that would mean someone who has ridden a bike before knew to pull in the clutch to move it, which is even more mind-blowing that some (ex-)motorcyclists hasn't learned you don't touch bikes

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:43 PM

That definately sucks as easy as it is to knock em over...

It's kinda like when people go to car shows and need to touch the cars. It's shiny steel, touching it only makes it look worse! Who wants fingerprints all over their car or bike?
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 06:10 PM

2 words for ya...Steering Lock....

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
2 words for ya...Steering Lock....

2 more words..... It was!

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
2 more words..... It was!

Argh!!! foiled again...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 08:46 PM

Hi All-

Much like unsecured swimming pools, motorcycles are typically classifed as an "attractive nuisance" under law. Your bike may have been moved by a person who was simply playing motorcycle (complete with Vroom! Vroom! sound effects) with their children while you were inside hard at work.

Quote:
Definition of attractive nuisance doctrine:
"...There is normally no particular care required of property owners to safeguard trespassers from harm, but an attractive nuisance is an exception. An attractive nuisance is any inherently hazardous object or condition of property that can be expected to attract children to investigate or play (for example, construction sites and discarded large appliances). The doctrine imposes upon the property owner either the duty to take precautions that are reasonable in light of the normal behavior of young children--a much higher degree of care than required toward adults--or the same care as that owed to "invitees"--a higher standard than required toward uninvited, casual visitors (licensees)..."
I once returned from a store to see a toddler propped on my parked motorcycle with a mother taking a digital photograph because she thought it would be "cute" to send to her friends. I seriously wanted to slap her around. Yeah, it would be a regular barrel of laughs if the little kid slipped from the seat nearly three feet over hard pavement with a gear shifter that could take out his eye.

So I guess the moral of the story is to see if you can find a remote yet secure place to store your motorcycle to prevent people from putting their grubby mitts all over your bike. The sad part is that the law likely wouldn't protect you if someone managed to have it tip-over on them! We need more judges in the court system who ride....

~ Blue Jays ~

p.s. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 09:46 PM

I heard that story before, so is it really true? Someone sat on a bike without permission and fell or got themselves hurt and sued the owner?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:01 PM

have you tried an.....

I.S.D. (Improvised Shocking Device)?......if you need more info.....let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode