Squids injures another - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down

Well I am not one that like to complain too much but I just can't hold out any longer. Sunday afternoon a group of us (30 or so) gt together at our usuall meeting spot to go tera it up as we do every Sunday in Charleston SC. To make a long story short we were kinda split up passin thru this littl e one street town.........the large group in front was flying thru.....then was a group of 3 with this 19 yr old who has no plates no License no ins ect..... has been to jail twice for this already....I was behind that group a little ways b/c I saw the cop settin olaong the side so slowed down. The cop pulls out behind me and my buddy looks at our plates and precedes on. Well he pulls up behind kid and sees no plate so he turns on lights and the kid takes off....flying. Well Knowing that with no major turn offs ahead and another small town say 2 miles up the road he radios ahead DUH! Well Anyhow I turned around knowing the cop was probably gonna bust everyone b/c the kid was heading right to them......That he did.....little ass lost it and low sided behind the group at about a buck20 or so slammed into my other buddy on his new R1. Totaled the bike completely SHATTERED the back rim I never knew that was possibl! My buddy hurt his ankle he already broke months ago...and sufferd some road rash. They cuffed that kid right there and loaded him to an Ambulance...he i guess broke foot wrist and arm i think.I really donn't care b/c he has been a punk and accident waiting to happen.what sucks is my buddy...damn he has noluck..if the fids parents name are on the loan he is sueing them! Well Just some anger I wanted to unleash.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 03:48 PM

Total drag. You've got to be a little more particular about who you let ride with you. Also, if you are not certain of a new rider's abilities, or common sense, it is better to be behind (like you were), and not ahead (like your unfortunate buddy). I hope your R1 buddy has insurance.

------------------
Rossco.

[This message has been edited by Rossco929 (edited September 25, 2000).]
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 04:47 PM

Thumbs down

Similiar incident happened here couple weeks ago, one reason why I always ride tail end charlie in the group. I'd rather chat with the local Barney Fife than let someone slam into the back of me...(again*sigh*)

Xert

------------------

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 07:51 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastAssZX6R:
.....little ass lost it and low sided behind the group at about a buck20 or so slammed into my other buddy on his new R1.

Man that sucks, I feel for your friend.

...he i guess broke foot wrist and arm i think.I really donn't care b/c he has been a punk and accident waiting to happen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You or your buddy/ies should of made that punks injuries plural

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 09:10 PM

See, its crazy riders like that that make it hard on all of us safe speeders.
Sad thing is the kid will probibly not get what he deserves, and then go do it again.
Hope you friend doesn't come out to far behind in the deal.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 01:51 AM
Lifetime Premium

Thumbs down

That's a really really lame situation. I
can't amagine what's going through your
friend's mind other than kill - more morphine
please - kill! That really sucks! As far
as the super squid... total loser.

I have to admit that sometimes I see posts
about riding with 20 - 30 bikes and it sounds
like alot of fun. At the same time stories
like this make me glad I ride with people I
know, that are predictable, sensable riders.
I don't have the patience for sitting in the
back of a huge pack of bikes - I'm a little
to agressive to be that passive. Just
one more reason to know who you are riding
with.

I hope that you friend gets taken care
of bro - whatever it takes to make it right
for him. As far as the squid goes.. he's
done this time - sounds like it anyway.

Ride Smart!
Chris

P.S. Oh yeah - I'm gonna open this one - Another
shattered R1 rim!!!

------------------
I really should be working...

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited September 26, 2000).]
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 12:15 PM

Now that's 2 for 2 today on "Been there, done that", for me.
2 weeks before the WERA Grand Nationals - an invitation only event, which I had #7, A kid just like the one you wrote about rear-ended me and totalled my bike. No cops were involved, though, and he did not receive any injuries but he had no insurance and my insurance would not repair my bike without a police report and there was no way to get one in time for me to prep another race bike for the event. Punk was riding a Honda Nighthawk 700S when he slammed into my Yamaha RZ350 @ 40 mph. We were on a poker run, in S.C., and were all making a turn into the gas station when Punk ran up into me just before I turned - which would have been worse, and down we go sliding on the street. I went about 100ft, my bike went 75ft and who cares about the Punk and his bike
I feel for your friend. Hopefully, the law will work and take this kid off the streets for a long time.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 09:16 PM

Angry

That really sucks. I have always said I can take myself out and deal with it but if someone else takes me out doing something stupid, they better hope I can't get up and start beating the pulp out of them! Do some people just not have brains??

------------------
Stacia
Administrator
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 06:11 AM

Lightbulb

Dont place all the blame completely on the squid. Dont get me wrong..I hate squids..they ruin it for all of us and I am, by no means, defending his actions. But what about the other squid, what other squid you ask? Yes the other squid..no he is not on a bike, but he has the same mentality. yes its the cop. Not all cops have this mentality but alot do. He attempts to pull him over for no tag..ok valid. But the squid runs..so what does he do..jumps into the mode...aint no damn kid on a sportbike gonna get away from me. So now he is just as crazy as the squid..endangering public lives..chasing a bike (for a minor infraction) at a buck 20 trying to prove who has a bigger set of tic-tacs. He caused the squid to crash and could have easily killed the other riders and motorists on the road.

I think the officer should have thought about the danger to the public, assessed the risk and backed off. It was not as though the officer was chasing a felon with warrants or a bank robber, this guy just didnt have a tag on his bike. (as far as the officer knows).

Im not trying to be an ass here, or even lawsuit happy, but your friend should also look at suing the police department. Just for the principle of getting them to train thier officers on when to chase and when to just leave it alone. The safety of the public should outway the squid mentality of the officer and his 'I aint gonna let no punk on a rocket get away from me' mentality.

and as for the squid on the bike...at your next stop...BEAT HIS ASS!

------------------
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 06:54 AM

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:

P.S. Oh yeah - I'm gonna open this one - Another
shattered R1 rim!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Excuse me if this has been covered, I'm kinda behind. Whatever happened with the Incredible Exploding Rims on the R1s?

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode