Stupid Blind Cage Drivers!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Angry

How blind can they be & what can U do that U haven't already done?? I was pulling up to the red lite at the intersection of my road and the main 4-lane hiway,at between 5 to 10mph slowing down 'cause it was red & one car was already there in front of me,when Grandma,on my left,in a shopping center parking lot decides to pull out right in front of me !! The amazing thing is she looked right at me and still pulled out!!!!! I have my headlite on,bright red bike w/red windscreen,colorful Arai helmet and red,white & black leathers on!! Nice sunny day etc...She only saw me when I hit my loud, horn,then her mouth fell open in suprise!!(Luckily I swerved to the right and avoided her!)I am glad I expect the worst from people so I am not taken by suprise!! Ride @ 80 percent of your ability,but,be 110percent ALERT!!
Has any one else encountered these stupid cagers??Were the cagers suprised to see u??JIM

------------------

[This message has been edited by katana600 (edited September 25, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 03:07 PM

Almost every time I ride. They never see bikes, or at least that is the assumption that I always make. There are just so many bad drivers out there that it makes me sick.

------------------
Rossco.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Angry

rossco929: I'm almost always amazed each time I go for a ride too. Makes u wonder how these drivers got their licences...how many box tops did they have to send in to get their license anyway?? I always assume the idiots are going to do the worst possible thing & they often prove me right!!! All I can say is never let your guard down!120percent alert!!!!!!!!!

Jim

------------------

[This message has been edited by katana600 (edited September 25, 2000).]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 05:14 PM

First off, let me say that there are a lot of really bad driver's out there and from my experiences women seem to carry the percentages. Louisiana, especially New Orleans, could possible be the worst.

Now to take this topic on a little tangent, I always wondered why people over the age of say 65, or whatever age you want to make it, don't have to retake or at least affirm their driving skills every so often. I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the elderly but the facts are that older people loose coordination, vision, timing, reflexes etc. etc. and these skills tend to degenerate at an exponential speed. The bottom line is that if you are incapable of driving, you should not be on the road and you are more of a danger to others than to yourself anyway. This being the case, I think it might be a good idea that driving skills should be periodically checked when a person reaches a certain age in an attempt to keep the roads safer. Thoughts?

------------------
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 07:38 PM

The age thing is an issue. But an even larger issue is how easy it is to get a drivers license. The standards really need to be raised and then checked more often for everyone.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2000, 09:23 PM

Heck, I don't want to be taking more tests, but I certainly think at a point, folks should be retested. Just last year, my car was hit by a girl taking her driver's test and trying to park. Geez, if you can't even pull into a parking spot without taking out an empty car you have no business driving at all!

Yes, cagers sometimes will look at you and even appear to make eye contact and then start to pull out anyway. Frustrating!!

------------------
Stacia
Administrator
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 04:53 AM

First things first!!

Whats the difference between an old driver and a drunk driver????

The drunk will sober up!!

Next scary thing is, here in florida I think you can go 18 years before haveing to be retested! That means that a 62 year old doesnt have to be retested until they are 90!!!!!!!!!

The thing I like to do Is scare the HELL out of the stupid drivers. I will get off the bike the bike and head right for them and give them a piece of my mind and possibly a punch in the head if they get really stupid!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 04:55 AM

OOPS! I maen they dont have to tested until they are 80!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:27 AM

Your right katana600!! You have to pay attention, cage drivers think thier invulnerable and they sure as hell dont pay attention. If I wasnt paying attention I would have been killed yesterday. I was sitting at a red light on my way to work. The left turn light was green and all the cars had already turned. I was getting ready for my light to go green, when I saw this lady (I guess I'll call her that) in her new shiny 10 ton battering ram(some large ford SUV) come flying over the hill. My light went green and she didnt even stop, she went through the RED light without even touching her brakes. What the hell was she thinking. If I hadnt been paying attention my bike would have been crushed, not to mention me, but my poor bike. If I would have lived I would have been forced to kill her for what she did to my bike

Heres a thought...we have to have a special license to ride..but any yo-yo can get behind the wheel of an SUV( 10 ton battering ram). Why dont they require SUV drivers to have a special license and training. Probably would just make too much sense

------------------

[This message has been edited by Slakkr (edited September 27, 2000).]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:33 AM
Founder

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
Whats the difference between an old driver and a drunk driver????

The drunk will sober up!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH!

Sad, but true.

And for those of us who live in Arizona and Florida "the land of the snowbird" ( older people who live here during the winter and back home in the summer) This topic *really* hits home.

Riding here in the winter months is scary to say the least!

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode