Cage Mentality - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Angry

I'm really annoyed right now. I got into an e-mail discussion with a co-worker regarding riding motorcycles. Here's a little taste of her views:

If you want to race down the road at 60-70 mph virtually unprotected… weaving in and out of traffic that’s fine. But when you cause an accident, don’t complain to me about your headache… since I’m sure a helmet would have cramped your style too much…. When you hit a patch of dirt, gravel, sand or dust on the road and fall over sliding into other traffic, don’t complain to me about the way my SUV tires feel on your back.… When a bug flies into your eye and you hit the curb… don’t complain when the guy in the SUV behind you runs over your ass and doesn’t even feel it…. IT IS your personal right to put yourself in harms way, cause this is America after all, but don’t blame me and start going after my pocketbook when you get hurt. Had you been in an enclosed vehicle, the dust on the road probably wouldn’t have affected you, you wouldn’t be weaving in and out of places you don’t belong just because “you can”, and bugs wouldn’t fly in your eyes… AND you would have been required by LAW to have a seatbelt on, so even if you do wreck, you still would have been safe.

Geez. We've got a long way to go before we change the attitudes of these folks. Scary eh? Who gave her this opinion of motorcylists?

------------------
...I don't want a pickle
I just wanna ride my motor - sickle...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:02 AM

And what started all of this?? Did you cut her off on the way to work. Or did she see you on a bike and just wanted to let you know how she feels....

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:10 AM

Talking

Sounds like she mowed your ass over with her Excursion and is blaming you-the no helmet wearing, traffic weaving squid.

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

It started out innocently enough. We started trading pics, and I thought I'd gross her out with one of those 'faces of death' pics of a m/c accident. That resulted in her first response along the lines of "just another reason that "those things" don't belong on the road".

What!? "Those things" don't belong on the road? That's what started all this.

You can probably see where all this is heading. Gonna have to shoot her. (j/k)

------------------
...I don't want a pickle
I just wanna ride my motor - sickle...
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:32 AM

Angry

I'd be real carefull corresponding with this one Madmax. If she turns real nasty on you this stuff could be used against you.

------------------
If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:45 AM

You said she drove a SUV.

I saw this on Dateline or 20/20(one of those types of shows), anyway Fords new line of trucks and some Chevys and killing people who don't stand a chance when involved in a accid. Those trucks (SUV's) are so big that the main part of the frame is about where the door handle is on most cars (in a t-bone type of crash).

They showed some pictures where a car had been rear ended and t-boned. The SUV's just torn through the cars like paper. Some of those trucks are like 8,000-9,000 pound battering (sp) rams.

Long story short, Her SUV is just as deadly...

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited September 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited September 22, 2000).]
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:56 AM

What a witch! Tell her to get back on her broom, and fly outta town. She sounds like the kind that drives her Brand X Megahuge SUV in the left lane, 15mph under the speed limit, while the 43 children bounce around inside w/no seatbelts. She has the mandatory white stickers on the rear window. You know it usually says something like AMANDA - TROMBONE - GO COUGARS! And has the little picture of a music clef or something. Of course, she has the visor down and is applying makeup while simultaneously yakking on the cell phone. She gets mad when "one of those damn bikes" whizzes by. The "muffler noise" scares the children. What she won't admit is that the sound of my Yoshi pipe startled the sh*t out of her and (darn) refocused her attention on where it belongs: ON THE ROAD IN FRONT OF YOU. Just last week, I exited the highway onto the 2-lane service road (feeder road in some other parts of the USA). Of course, traffic is backed up for about 400 feet to the light. So, I slooowly creep (lane split) between the stalled traffic to get up to the light. This guy in a P.O.S. little Geo Metro (Matchbox Deathbox) actually sticks his arm out the window. Palm backwards, facing me, as in "stop, do not proceed". I had enough room between his fingertips and the car to his left to slide on by anyway. As a passed, he yells "what the f*ck do you thing you're doing?" I got up to the light and looked back at him and waved back at him. I resisted the urge to shoot him the bird. This is Texas, and most people are armed. What an ass.

Maybe it's because I ride a bike, but when I'm in my car and someone on a bike shoots past me, it doesn't upset me. As long as they don't cut me off, or force me off the road to avoid hitting them, well, good for you, pal! I wish I was on my bike to chase you! As a matter of fact, I've been buzzed a few times. Yeah, the pipe is louder when you're being passed than when you're on the bike, but a "good little scare" never hurt anyone. I say "pass them" "pass them quickly" "pass them in two gears lower then you need to be, just to wake them up". 85 mph in third oughtta do it. Cheers.

------------------
Cosmo
"You have some options to choose from: You can lead, you can follow, or you can get out of the way!"
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 05:13 AM
Squidwannabe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>We started trading pics<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow I just started this with Rug Burn, Ok ruggy I sent you a pic of my Girl now its yer turn!

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 05:38 AM

Talking

I think she's a little old for you Squid, but if that's what you're into who am I to say anything

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 05:41 AM

Angry

Ok, if thats the way it should be (according to her) Than I dont want to hear anymore crap from people who drive Hyundais or Ford Focus' or any of those crappy litte tiny cars that get destroyed in wrecks!
"YOUR truck is too big and will hurt me if we crash! WAaaaAAA"

I think the insurance rates should be higher on the tiny POS cars NOT on the bigger safer vehicles!

YOUR CO_WORKER IS A NARROW MINDED IDIOT JUST LIKE 80% OF SOCIETY!

Phew! Im ok now.. really...

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode