Bad Cage, bad cage..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Angry

Just letting everyone know to stay safe.

I got hit from behind this morning, I was stopped in a U-turn lane waiting for traffic to pass, when a damn Camry rolls into me. My bike fortunately left me and flew into the intersection. I'm not aware of what happened, but there was a truck that I had stopped to let go by, he didn't hit my bike somehow.

The bike took it well, looks like the right clip is bent, stickers took some hits, but the big ass exhaust pipe saved the rear paint/stickers. I normally don't put bike into neutral untill everyone behind me is stopped, anyway keep it safe all.

Xert
Not so new anymore '00 ZX6R

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 10:15 AM

Cool

Good to hear your ok

------------------
I don't ask to ride your girl so don't ask to ride my bike
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 11:56 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Yeah, at lest you don't have any scratches on you. Or do you? Well, anyhows your still ticken and that's what counts.

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 03:05 PM

Question

Glad to hear you're OK bro. Did you hit the guy/girl in the Camry up for insurance, or did the numbnut leave the scene? Hope you got the money out of it to fix it, but Cagers can be real a$$es sometimes.

Anyway, most important thing is that you're still walkin' and ready to ride. Now go get some insurance money!!!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Talking

I have his insurance info, I guess I should have called the police, but I was a victim of "Let's call the cops just to get a report" I ended up with a stupid ticket. I didn't necessarily want to totally screw the guy, I mean, his insurance is already going to go up why nail him with a ticket too?

It was kinda hard from him to flee, my bike was blocking the road :P

I'm about 98% sure I'm fine, my neck did take a good whollop but I'm not going to be an ass just because I "could" be.

Xert
Needs a helmet with holes for the eyes he's having implanted on the back of his head.

------------------

[This message has been edited by xert (edited September 23, 2000).]
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 05:23 PM

Thumbs down

What the HELL did you get a ticket 4?!?!???

------------------
"Keep the rubber side down" Prometheus...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 06:05 PM

I think xert meant previously he was the victim of the ticket. Xert you had better verify the insurance info and get the money quick. Is the vehicle owner going to pay or let the insurance pay. Most times insurances won't pay unless you have an accident report. Did you get any witness's contact info?

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2000, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I got a "Following too closely" ticket for rearending someone during X-mas traffic. Side note, before the cops showed up, there were FOUR more accidents in the same intersection. Louisiana drivers are the damn worst.

This is New Orleans, people here are about the biggest bunch of a$$holes I've ever met. Of course noone stopped. But I've got lots of law enforcement friends here, and there's little a molotov cocktail to a guys business can't settle.

We'll see, besides, we have the same insurance company, and my bike is fully covered, IF I have to use my insurance, I'll be willing to bet they'll ask questions and such. Unfortunately, I have faith in the system, so we'll see.

Xert

------------------
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2000, 10:04 AM

Cool

What's wrong with the way we drive? Just
cuz the DMV lowers the standards to lowest
common denominator should mean nothing.
When i got my endorsement for the bike,
all i had to do was play on a computer and
answer 20 questions a child could get right!!
The cage test is even easier still. Xert,
don't get mad get even.If you up in BR,send me a e-mail.we can hookup. Glad your safe and what part of NO you from? Later Guy.
[email protected]

------------------
Steven G. Knecht
1991 VFR750F
1989 RX-7 GTU
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2000, 01:50 AM

Xert, glad your OK. I don't think I'd have been as nice as you about the ticket though. A couple more MPH, or depending on if you stayed on the bike after he hit you and if the Mack truck crossing the intersection saw you or not, and you might not still be with us. I take that kinda thing personally .

------------------
"When it rains, we all get wet, the Pope and the prostitute"-Santana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode