New Goldwing Dashboard (literally) & controlls - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/21sep...mmand2001.html

I tried to post the link above, if it doesnt' work, type it in manually. Check out the new 'Wing and all it's goodies! Cripes, it's a two-wheeled Caddy!

When I first saw the "control panel", I thought it was an error and they posted a pic of a car's dashboard. Wow. The bike will make breakfast tacos too, if you purchase the "all that and the kitchen sink" option package. Only another $950! Bring the total price of your new Goldwing, (tax, title and license included, of course) to a grand total of $42,874....and 32 cents. Will that be cash or charge? First off, I'm afraid (there, I said it, AFRAID) to ride any bike that weighs 900 pounds full of fluids. One slip of the foot at a light, and your leg, ankle and foot are history, buddy! Oh well, Honda sells about a million of 'em every year. SOMEBODY must like them. BTW, at the local gathering place here in San Antonio, there's this one dopey 40-something guy who rides a nice Goldwing. i think it's a 98 or a 99. Fully loaded. The guy is, every time he rides up there. Fully loaded. No helmet, shorts and flipflops. He did a big burnout about 3-4 months ago and fried his clutch. If you've ever seen one little man try to move a Goldwing w/a fried clutch, you can picture the scene! He got the clutch replaced and proceeded to fry it AGAIN the following week. Just some thoughts.....

------------------
Cosmo
"You have some options to choose from: You can lead, you can follow, or you can get out of the way!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 09:36 AM

Red face

Sounds like the next Darwin Award winner. Does he hang off the thing and stick out his knee when he corners? In parking lots?

------------------
James

If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 11:07 AM

Man!!!! My radar detector would look so sweet sitting on top of the dashboard of this thing. It's only 799 lbs. I want one
The wife says that she will even go places with me and not complain about the ride at all Just get her a good romance novel to read and she's set...

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 02:04 PM

Thumbs up

I think the new Goldwing is SHawEEET! But 42K!!??!! Damn, I dont think I will ever convince my wife to let me take on a $700 bike payment!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 04:30 PM

Talking

Errr... a reverse button? Has anyone ever used a reverse gear on a bike before? How does that work? Can you accelerate backwards with the throttle? Something about that idea just doesn't sound quite right... although I wonder if I could hook one up on my 9R? Hmmmmm... reverse burnouts... Hey! I wonder if that thing gives off the "beep beep beep" sound of a large vehicle backing up.

------------------
Suicycler.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Suicycler (edited September 22, 2000).]
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 05:57 PM

Yeah, that thing is unreal.. I couldn't imagine riding something that big, and heavy, and bulky!! But all the controls are cool!

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 06:41 PM

hmmmm....$42K?
Goldwing or '01 Trans Am and a '01 GSXR 750?
Hmmm...decisions........ or maybe not.

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2000, 08:01 PM

Arrow

From what I hear, the reverse button engages the reverse but you cannot accelerate with it. I guess its just a idle speed kinda helper. Could you imagine trying to back up a 900# bike up an incline!??!

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode