Trick'd out headlights! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Just wanted to show you guys this stuff in case anyone is interested in doing it. It looks really cool!

And it's a LOT cheaper than envision-graphix too!
check out www.tricktape.com for the skinny!

------------------
Rob G.
98 YZF600R
Vance N Hines SS2R, LP Flushmount front signals, JetKit, Second Look seatskin, Blue Tinted Windscreen, Chopped Rear Fender, K&N, Bar Sliders, lever skins...
Now Dammit, I want wings!!!

[This message has been edited by Rezin YZF (edited September 18, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:28 AM
Squidwannabe

But .. How does it ... Why are they ... Ummm ?? Cool...

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
two friends did this to their bikes...

it looks great. both complain that night vision now sucks.

the one has colored bulbs, so his sucked to begin with, the other has installed piaa superwhites (or whatever they are) and claims they still aren't as good as stock

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:54 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I thought about doing that but I actualy like the way my headlights look. I don't want to hide them.

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 10:31 AM

They look real good, Rob, but like Tony I'm kind of big on night vision. Once mounted, are they removable & reusable?

------------------
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 10:37 AM

hey leon,

the kind on the r1's above is removable, but not re-usable (it's a mesh sticker). once you put it on, it's on. the guys who run the place said it is wera-legal though for racing.

ever been to club one or oxygen?

i went to bubbaland saturday (god, i loved that name). good band (if you like classic rock), but no one was there.

is your 12 green? ride with a guy on busa? i saw a 12 in huntsville yesterday fitting the description. it pained me to be a taurus rent-a-car

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 11:50 AM

One of the guys, here in S.A., has put those little blue dash lights into his headlight housing on his ZX9. It looks cool and does not hamper his lighting, while driving at night.
I am thinking about doing the same to my Katana, but I am worried about have a dead battery with the drain from the V1 and those little lights.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 01:38 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
That's the first thing that came to mind befor I even finished reading your post. DEAD BATTERY

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:51 PM

Tony, I've been to Oxygen - it was cool, if you like nubile young coeds. Never been to Bubbaland. My 12 is red, with no back fender or rear taillights. As far as clubs go, what I miss is 6th street over in Austin. Me & my partners used to park our bikes over in front of Catfish Station, never even go in the clubs, and the girls would just come up and say "I want to ride this one". White, Black, Latino, Native, Oriental, island girls, all the creatures in the forest gathered to drink. Many, many adventures started right there!
Per capita, there are probably more 12's here than almost anywhere else. These fellas take their dragracing seriously. Damn, more work.......

------------------
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 10:27 AM

i've seen a few nice bikes here (can't wait to go home to mine on thursday). of course i'll be wrenching on them more than riding them.

i was in petersburg, va and fayetteville, nc for awhile. they are really big into lowering and stretching bikes there. it's cool.

but it's weird to ride a 916 and no one care because it's not lowered.

i'd love to get an old gsxr do 1/4 mile runs. i think i'd be fun.

laters,

------------------
Tony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode