Gas Station Manners? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Question

I go to the station to fill it today. The pumps got the nozzle on side instead of in front. so im parked diagonally and real close to pump. i like to sit on the bike while i fill it. when tanks full. i put nozzle back and roll my bike back a couple feet to get my side stand down and go pay. Buddy in the Jaguar starts calling me inconsiderate insisting i should have moved up to let him use pump i was on. Up to where i ask, middle of staion as an obsticle or to other end for walk excercise? I know with my car i dont move till im done paying. The jackass had a choice of like 5 other pumps to use to.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

[This message has been edited by TheToy (edited September 19, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 07:13 PM
Founder

I agree that they guy was an ass.

One thing that did catch my eye was that you sit on your bike when filling it up which is a big no-no.

This might sound off the wall, but I had a friend who it happened to (I was there), and since then I have talked to two other people who have also had this happen.

Your bike is extremly hot when you first shut it off, and if you *happen* to spill some gas down the side of your tank onto your motor you can start one hell of a fire. And sitting on your bike will slow you down from getting away from it.

None of the people I talked to were burned (nor was my friend), but after jumping off of their bikes and getting the hell away from it, they (the bikes) were a total loss.

Just something to think about.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

[This message has been edited by Sportbikeworld (edited September 18, 2000).]
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

You got a valid point there. I think i use good caution filling the bike though. I turn on pump and have nozzle upside down to avoid drip or run of gas left by last user. Then i pour slow to prevent splash. When im done i hold nozzle over filler hole and flick pump off. Then i keep pumping/squeezing the hanlde of hose to get that little trickle out. when that stops i keep my hand under the nozzle just in case. hopefully there are paper towels. I like to be on bike to keep it level. on side stand is not perfect fill up. Or am i wrong?

------------------

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:06 PM

Funny how things you read here stick in your head. I read this before I left for work this morning, and I had to stop and get gas on my way....Ordinarily I would just stay on the seat and fill er up, but without even thinking about it, I got off the bike and filled it up.....Makes no difference to me really...besides thats one more "sit-up" getting off the bike to fill it...

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Administrator
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:28 PM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:

Maybe just for fun PETE could explain the feeling or what happens when gas gets on your weewee ??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O.K., I said the story wasn't worth telling, but I really don't give a rat's ass about what GreenNinja thinks of my lack of intelligence.

Let's just say that it can ruin your honeymoon. Yeah, that's right, laugh all you want, it happened to me just a couple hours after getting married, on the way to our hotel. I'd had about 10 too many adult beverages at the reception, so my new bride was driving. We pull over to tank up my '79 Corvette before heading to New Orleans for the night. As I'm fumbling to get the nozzle in the opening, I get trigger happy (I threw that in there to give the perfect setup for impending premature ejaculation jokes ). A hefty stream of gasoline is forcefully directed straight at the ol' crotcharooney. The pain was indescribable. What came next? Imagine seeing a guy with his shorts and underwear down around his ankles, jewels in plain view of passers-by, on his knees praying to the water fawcet on the outside wall of the gas station, as the stream of water gives temporary relief. After an excrutiating 60 minute drive to the hotel, I spent most of the night soaking in a tub of cold, soapy water. Believe it or not, I'm still married to the same woman. She's a saint. Let the laughing begin!

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:36 PM

Talking

OH MY GOD PETE! ROFLMAO!!! and YOU laughed at me for dropping my bike in the garage while intoximikated?!...

Im know that story about your honeymoon is funny as hell now, but Im sure it wasnt so entertaining that night eh? Thanks Pete, that was a good after-lunch laugh

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 08:48 PM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by riverrunner_2000:

Im know that story about your honeymoon is funny as hell now

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, Kyle, I still have to force myself to laugh about it.

------------------
Pete
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 09:00 PM

Your are sooo inconsiderate not getting outta the way for the "I gotta compensate for having no penis by driving a Jag moron"

If I were you, I would have went inside, got something to drink, walked around looking, and just took my sweet ass time!!

------------------
Yes officer, I could have easily lost you, so are you gonna let me go for pulling over??
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-18-2000, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

And now lets say the station was packed. Would any of you folks have moved the bike somewhere else away from pump? ever have a superstar prick try and move it on you? I had once my passenger was asked to move the bike at the station. This is when riding in packs rules.

------------------
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 02:58 AM
Pete

If the station is crowded, I move out of the way after filling up, which sometimes results in a panic-stricken clerk running out to catch me before I steal his gas.

Another reason to not fuel up while seated on the bike - ever have your crotch doused with gasoline? Trust me, you don't wanna know what that feels like.

------------------
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode