Object Fixation - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 03:40 AM
Squidwannabe

No Rcjohn, Not the way you stare at a double mocha black forest cake...

I was riding yesterday, going quite fast around a turn, when I hit a bump.. the bike kinda stood up strait and I froze as I saw a car coming my way in the other lane.. I had to fight myself to look away from the car, then I got the bike back on track (or me back on track)

Anyone have a similar story ?

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 04:40 AM

Happens to me all the time....More so on the street than in the corners, but I'll be heading to work, and see a pothole and have to tear my eyes away from it to keep from hitting it....Funny what your mind will make you do.

It's only happened to me in the corners twice and both times, I did the wrong thing but lived....I ended up braking and standing the bike up...fortunately I stayed in the lane and was able to get it back down.
It's a damn scary feeling though...

------------------
Will Darton
Administrator
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 05:39 AM

It almost happened at the Smackdown this weekend when I was leading the group through some twisties. I notice when I turned around, that the whole group was mesmurized by my cute tush. They all had big glassy, Squidwannabe eyes glued to my derrier(sp). I screamed in the Chatterboxes just in time for them to back it into a sharp right hander. Whoa it was close. I had to follow from that point on. Too dangerous otherwise.

Seriously though, It did almost happen to TJ and I when we were cruising through some twisties. He and I were both looking to upcoming turns up ahead and forgot about the next turn.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 05:40 AM

This used to happen to me all the time riding dirtbikes. You'll be heading through a trail and see a rock or tree and think to yourself that you've got to miss, so you keep looking at it and beeline right into it.

You get off the ground feeling like a real dumb farging bastage.

Mike

------------------
A man's got to know his limitations
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 05:49 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
A couple of times going into a corrner smoken I've kind of made the mistake of looking for that outer white line to see how much room I have to play with. Funny thing is, or should I say not so funny, when you look for the edge you get closer and closer

------------------
John
http://photos.yahoo.com/jk6672
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 05:58 AM
Squidwannabe

Posted by Rcjohn <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>They all had big glassy, Squidwannabe eyes glued to my derrier(sp).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats all my scope of vision allows me to see

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 06:16 AM

yup.. & i practice it in a parking lot sometimes too.. that has got to be one of the number 1 causes of 1 rider accidents.

------------------
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 06:19 AM
Squidwannabe

What a rush you get when you pull out though !

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2000, 11:47 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
What a rush you get when you pull out though !

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We are talking about fixations, right RCJohn, maybe if you wore leather when you ride instead of that thong, people would not stare at your derrier

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode