ALARM advice needed - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Question

I own a 96' gixer. What is the "BEST SPORBIKE ALARM" on the market today? It seems like a big hassle to me. Is the "Scorpion alarm the best? I read if you want a really great alarm with the pager and perimeter options it will cost you up to $500.00 bux. Damn expensive. Any suggestions? Whats the best bike alarm out there and will it run down a bikes smaller battery?

THANKS!!!

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:21 AM
Squidwannabe

ak47, 9mm

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:48 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Yeah, and park in the dirt so you can plant some bouncing betties in a perimeter around your baby

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Squid- you are SICK! Please seek help sir and give the gun you stole from yo daddy back to the local police before you kill someone. GROW UP,,,, JERK!

------------------
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:58 AM

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray66:
Squid- you are SICK! Please seek help sir and give the gun you stole from yo daddy back to the local police before you kill someone. GROW UP,,,, JERK!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Squid, you sick bastard...AK-47, what kinda commie sh1t is that. M-16 with a grenade launcher(buy American ).

Ease up there Ray, he was only pointing out that alarms aren't of much use against thieves. No one pays attention to them anymore. The best it will do is alert you if you happen to be in earshot. Then you better get out there with your weapon on choice (12 gauge or cell phone) and protect your baby.

I use a disk lock to lock up my bike. This only deters the retard thieves, the smart ones won't be stopped by a disk lock or an alarm IMHO. Peace.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 11:58 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Yeah Ray! who needs an alarm anyway, if someone really wants your bike there going to take it right out from under your nose. Trailers arn't to hard to hook up to a truck. BTW, what's your address? j/k

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 12:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
ak47, 9mm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah Squid, You're such an a**hole, man. Why you gotta say things like that and offend people?
No wonder nobody likes you.

I swear that was the most foul mouthed, off color thing you have ever posted and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I think you owe everybody an apology and a promise to never post such nonsense ever again.......Jerk !

------------------
Dave fzR1

"When I grow up... I wanna be a SQUIIIID!"

[This message has been edited by Ratsalad (edited September 13, 2000).]
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 02:16 AM
Squidwannabe

Posted by Rayy66 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Squid- you are SICK! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just deleted my reply to this Doh!!!! ok Ray66, This is my second try ... 99% of the stuff said here is all in fun, I forgot to put a little face in my last post... So don't get your Panties in a bunch! (That means I am teasing)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Please seek help sir and give the gun you stole from yo daddy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh you talkin bout ma daddy! Oh it's on now fool! You gettin ganked!
Where's hi and lo ??? (this also means I am joking, But you still gettin ganked fool)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 02:21 AM
Squidwannabe

Posted by Rug Burn:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Yeah Squid, you sick bastard...AK-47, what kinda commie sh1t is that. M-16 with a grenade launcher(buy American ).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at this , Oh shit I didn't know you drove a Harley ?? MR America!!

buy American! You drive a Honda right ??

Everyone knows an Ak-47 is the best weapon!
Oh Ruggy what will we do with you !!!! ????

------------------
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 02:28 AM
Squidwannabe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Yeah Squid, You're such an a**hole, man. Why you gotta say things like that and offend people?
No wonder nobody likes you.
I swear that was the most foul mouthed, off color thing you have ever posted and you should be ashamed of yourself.
I think you owe everybody an apology and a promise to never post such nonsense ever again.......Jerk!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok Ok , After being advised by the Administration to Aplologize or they will Kick me off SBW and beat my dog.

So I am soooooo sorry...

Ok Back to Ray66,

C'mon guys give him an answer....
In my opinion I wouldn't put an alarm on the bike, (It just annoys the theif ) no really if they want your bike they're gonna get it.
Keep it in sight, store in the garage, or chain it to a big motha something with a big matha chain .

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode