Sportbike World under new ownership! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Founder

Exclamation

I am very happy to announce that Sportbike world has been purchased by eFront Media, Inc. http://www.efront.com

A few tidbits....

Sportbike World will still be run by me and my great team of moderators. In fact the only difference you will notice in the short term will be a different design (more on that below).

I will be moving the entire website to eFronts servers over the next 3 weeks. If you find a link that is not working during this time please bear with me during the move. I'll do my best to keep everything updated.

In moving to the new server Sportbike World will not have to worry about server space anymore. This will allow me to create a ton of new features that I have wanted to do but never had the space on the old server.

While the new design is still very much in beta, if you would like to take a sneak peek you can view it at: http://207.224.170.243/sbw (It is a work in progress)

The eFront community of websites in July was ranked at 18th in total Internet traffic (right behind eBay) so I have now worries about them being about to handle our traffic or server space needs.
http://www.efront.com/pr.php?id=17

I cannot (due to contract agreements) tell you how much was paid for SBW. But I can tell you that it was a cash and stock deal. We will also be receiving more cash and stock according to our traffic levels in addition to a monthly salary for running the website.

With the monthly check, and no more web hosting fees this will allow me to spend more time on the site and offer different prizes and such for our members, so stay tuned!

I would like to thank all of you for making this happen!

P.S. And to top it all of Sportbike World turns 1 year old tomorrow! Happy Birthday to us!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at: [email protected]

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 11:46 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Since SportbikeWorld is getting a face lift maybe we could come up with a t-shirt or a jacket patch to go along with the new look.

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 03:31 PM

Maybe I wil give this another shot

------------------
My Speed World
Moderator at
www.sportbikes.net
check out our womens forum

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2000, 07:15 AM
Squidwannabe

CoughselloutCough Just
Joking Robert!!

Hey that is great news though !! You're a successful entrepreneur !!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I cannot (due to contract agreements) tell you how much was paid for SBW. But I can tell you that it was a cash and stock deal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you retire from the teaching gig ??
Just out of curiousity, You get stock in SBW ? Can you say how much ?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I would like to thank all of you for making this happen!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Buddy no problem!!! At 1.50 a post it wuz my pleasure

{That's 1.50$ X 366 = 549, just in case you missed it!}

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode