Had my 2000 F4 dyno'd...!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Sorry Nick, I didn't bother checking the price, it'd just piss me off if they had a lower price than I paid

They also had 2 Henderson Super X cruisers there with a BIG discount (marked at $12000 down from 18 or 19K).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's cool dude, I understand totally. Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is a Henderson Super X? I see the word "cruiser" and my skin crawls... . Again, forgive my stupidity, but I'm just curious as to what it is. Thanx man...

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 08:38 PM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CBR Brutha:
Anyway here's the numbers: (all specs @rear wheel)

Stock- 97.4bhp 44.6lb.ft

Modified- 113.8bhp 49.1lb.ft

Lemme know what you think...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's one f'ed up Dyno.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

What's up all? I DID total my bike (according to insurance company), but before the salvage yard came for it, I took it (in a truck), in its barely rideable condition, and had it dyno'd. I know this sounds stupid, but I wanted to know what differences my pipe, jet kit, and air filter had on the thing. Plus I had some extra $$$, and since there was no damage to the engine, I thought it would be kinda cool. Anyway here's the numbers: (all specs @rear wheel)

Stock- 97.4bhp 44.6lb.ft

Modified- 113.8bhp 49.1lb.ft

We tested it in stock and modified form, which is why I am able to list both specs. I still had all my old parts, and after testing that setup, then testing and tuning the modified setup, I was EXTREMELY impressed.

Lemme know what you think...

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited August 30, 2000).]

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 02:50 AM

Talking

So you gained 16.4 HP by wadding you bike . I would have never thought of trying that . Mine does seem a little faster after my parking lot encounter though...hmmm

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 02:52 AM

Thumbs up

man thats some good HP,..too bad it's totaled,
so what pipe, filter, and jet kit is on the bike ?

------------------
texas tornado #2
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by #2f4:
man thats some good HP...so what pipe, filter, and jet kit is on the bike ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have (had) a Yoshimura® RS-3 pipe w/competition baffle, a Factory® Config. 1 jet kit, and a K&N filter. After messing with the jet kit awhile, we were able to get those numbers, and I was very impressed. I could definitely feel the power when it was still rideable!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
So you gained 16.4 HP by wadding you bike .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah dude, I never knew that flipping your bike and taking out a sign did so much for performance. I oughtta e-mail Nicky right away!!!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 05:21 AM

Talking

I think I'll just keep my 929 off the pavement. I have just enough hp for myself.
Now if I had a fat wife like someone else, I would fall over in the parking lot with the disc brake lock on. Or something stupid like that.

------------------
"I See Dead People"
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 05:25 AM

Hey Nick, are you looking for a 929? I was at the local dealer yesterday and noticed they had 2, one of each color.

------------------

Clark
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation

Hey Nick, are you looking for a 929? I was at the local dealer yesterday and noticed they had 2, one of each color.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, actually I've been waiting because I'm hoping that prices drop toward the end of the season. I'm all about the Red/Blk scheme. Did you notice the posted price? If so, what was it. Thanx for the info!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2000, 06:54 AM

Sorry Nick, I didn't bother checking the price, it'd just piss me off if they had a lower price than I paid Probably won't dicount it enough to make shipping to Ohio worth it though. I thought they would be getting scarce by now and was suprised to see 2 of them there.

They also had 2 Henderson Super X cruisers there with a BIG discount (marked at $12000 down from 18 or 19K). They can't give those things away since they filed for bankruptcy.

------------------

Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode