MIG Exhausts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tungue
Question

Anyone around here familiar with MIG Exhausts? A friend has the high mount on his R1. I like the look and sound of it. I'm thinking about getting the high mount on my '00 F4. Having a bit of trouble finding info. on it. Would love to see some dyno's or hear about any numbers on the performance gains.

Thanks.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 04:06 AM

Cool

The MIG is a pretty cool pipe. Back when I was thinking about getting an R6 they would talk about it all the time on this forum http://www.cyberphilly.com/r6/bbs/index.html It looks better on the R6 than the R1 IMO. It's kind of a small can which looks a bit out of porportion with the R1, never seen one on a F4.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 04:26 AM
Pete

Tungue, can you speak French? The English version is not up yet but you can look at the pictures - http://www.mig.fr/

I have heard nothing but good things said about MiG pipes. My only problem with their hi-mount pipes as a mod for my VTR is that the mid-pipe routes right up behind the main footpegs, and I ride on the balls of my feet = melted boot. From the pictures, this doesn't seem to be the case with most other bikes.

You can also check with Brian Law at Dynamo Humm, he's a MiG distributor - http://www3.sympatico.ca/rocky.law/dynamo.htm

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 04:45 AM

Thumbs up

Pete, just checked out that site. Man, that pipe looks great on the Superhawk. But, I see what you mean about that mid-pipe--just think how nice it'll be come December . Don't they make some kind of plate to put over that part of the pipe so you don't fry your heels?

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Tungue
Cool

Unfortunately, I don't speak/read French. They do have some nice pictures on there.

------------------
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 06:07 AM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUG BURN:
Don't they make some kind of plate to put over that part of the pipe so you don't fry your heels?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm checking into that. The damn thing is SO close, though, that any reduction in clearance created by the addition of a plate will likely KEEP my heel on it (the plate) at all times. Argh!

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 06:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
eurobikes.com is the us dist. for mig.

also check out hindle high pipes as well if looking for a full system. they're really high too. www.street-n-comp.com should have hindle pics up.

i doubt a mig high pipe will put out big dyno #'s since the extra pipe helps slightly with mid-range at the expense of top-end (generally speaking).

m4 has high pipes, but not mig high, and they have dyno figures on their page
www.m4exhaust.com

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode