Got that Corbin seat last night... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

And waht a difference! Corbin seats feel like two big hands holding your butt. On my last three bikes, the first mod was a Corbin seat & some steel brake lines. Money well spent.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 03:38 AM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I'm not going to say anything, but I'd put money on it that someone will comment about the big hands on your butt

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 03:52 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leon90zx11:
Corbin seats feel like two big hands holding your butt.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before or after getting plugged by Big Bubby over in the next cell? You're right John, I'm bored and couldn't resist . Leon I'm sure the Cordin is great but I prefer two small feminine hands on my butt--spank me baby .

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 05:35 AM
Squidwannabe

Posted by Rug Burn:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Leon I'm sure the Cordin is great but I prefer two small feminine hands on my butt--spank me baby<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't you spank yourself ?

hey Leon,

How far could you ride without the seat, before you butt got all cramped up ? how about now ??

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 06:18 AM

How does the Corbin feel when your in the curves.

------------------
Tony
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Definetely before, Rugburn!! Personally, I prefer 2 feminine hands also, but when you're riding 4 or 500 miles, the bigger, the better! The stock seat on the 12 wasn't too bad, but it had a pronounced forward slope that could become uncomfortable on long trips. The Corbin has a comparatively wide, flat, contoured section to the rear that gradually tapers off to a thinner, slightly rounded section up front. When riding agressively, the front part of the seat provides you with ease of side-to-side movement. When cruising down the highway, the rear part provides a comfortable, level platform.
Unlike every other Kaw I ever owned since the KZ days, the stock seat really wasn't too bad, though a 600 mile day up to Deal's gap and back when the bike was newer left me a little sore. Since then, I guess I've made adjustments and gotten used to the seat, but the Corbin still felt better right away.
Squid, RRonin, about the longest trip I ever took was Austin to Phoenix, about 1165 miles, on the ZX11 with a Corbin seat. It was a long ride, but I didn't suffer at all. The stock seat was good for maybe 3 hours, tops. I hope this tells you a little more about the seats. Back to work!

------------------
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:03 AM
Squidwannabe

Thanks Leon.

One more thing how much ?

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

$219. About all of their seats go in 200 - 250 range.

------------------
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2000, 03:25 PM

Question

Leon, I was thinking about one for my ZR. Did you need to buy any additional hardware or did you just take the stock seat off and put the Corbin on? I know that on my old EX500 I would have had to remove a lot of hardware from the old seat before installing it (at least that is what they told me).

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2000, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Rich, I put Corbins on my 900 Ninja, ZX11, and ZX12. In each case the fit was at least as good as the stock seat, and I never had to transfer any hardware. Off with the old, on with the new. But in the instruction manual they sent with this seat they specified that some applications would require transferring brackets from one seat to another. Even if you have to do this, it would be well worth it if you take any long trips on your bike.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode