has anyone see the fast bikes mag??.. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2000, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

in the issue that i saw.. i think it is the current issue.. it has a test of the 750's such as the aprilla, gixxer, kawi, and the duc... but the thing i liked the most besdied the gixxer beat the crap outta them was the had a guy doin a stoppie on soakin wet pavement.. now that was a cool pic to see i was like wow and they had some other cool pics too

------------------
'99 gsxr 750 with some nice scratches on the left side oops lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 03:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
brit mags are cool and honest. but expensive here the states. i'll stick to roadracingworld

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 04:18 AM

Thumbs up

I'll second the price thing, i do get them once in a while, the pictures are REALLY good, and lots of them !

------------------
texas tornado #2

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 01:31 PM

They beat the US mags so bad on telling the truth and riding the bikes the way you & I do, that I prefer to buy them, even though they are 3 bucks more. Of course, the center fold pictures help

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 03:41 PM

The pictures are great (of the bikes, of course ), but the writing is sometimes not comprehensable due to the strange way they use the english language. Mags such as BIKE or RIDE, both British and expensive, I'll agree, are much nicer to read and better written too, in my opinion.

Oh, and if you like the pictures in Fast Bikes, check out the ones in Superbike!

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2000, 08:16 PM

Cool

Performance Bikes has to be the best bike mag out. Total nutters, the lot of them.

I'd much rather read one of the magazines from that island in the North Sea than anything I've seen over here (although some of them are getting better), but the prices are a joke.

I do appreciate their superior use of the langauge, however. ;-)

I've yet to see any sort of article in the U.S. mags come up to the sort of usability level as Bike, Fast Bikes and Performance Bikes routinely churn out.

Probably the handiest one I ever saw was the feature on how not to get your bike ripped off. Great read and bloody useful, too.

But the PRICE!!!! :-(

------------------
Austin Bikers on the Web
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 10:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

I'm all about the Brit Mags. Key factor is
yes they are HONEST. How relieving is that
to get the actual and factual info. What's
up with the US mags? Do they think we can't
handle the truth or are they that deep in
the manufacturers pockets?

Anyway, Fast Bikes is my personal favorite
(Frosty is awesome) and then there's always
Martin Child (Bike) who just plain rocks. It's
funny how they're mags make us here in the
US look stuffy.

Chris

------------------
People come and people go - either way they don't do it fast enough.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 01:55 PM

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1:
...Key factor is yes they are HONEST..What's up with the US mags? Do they think we can't handle the truth...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you have an example? Just wondering...

------------------
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you all weren't out to get me.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 03:12 PM

I really liked the article on 2-up riding. I don't remember seeing anything like this in the states, ever. Here, in the US, we like to think that solo is the only way to go, that's ok for some, but the better half doesn't always like to stay home and do the laundry and dishes. They like to ride, too. My wife loves to go fast, on the bike, and I usually try to go the same speed in the corners 2up as I do solo.
Anyway, here's a quick paragraph from Superbike, " Points of interest included the Harley blowing a gasket and spewing half its oil out all of 100 metres into its first (and only) standing quarter, the Triumph(TT600) struggling to accelerate at all in sixth gear on its 2up top speed run, and the Hayabusa running quarter miles 2up that were only half a second slower than its solo times. That's 129mph and a quarter of a mile covered in just 11.05 seconds and faster than any car you could care to mention, all with 20 stone on board. When it comes to outright 2up performance, the Hayabusa proved there really is no substitute for cubes. Bloody impressive."
Busa on top speed run - "As the busa crested the rise about a mile from where we were sat and the wail of its motor became audible, the girls stirred and turned around to see a shimmering headlight approaching in an ever-gathering haze of dust, heat and noise. "Boom!" The Busa came and was gone at what turned out to be 196mpg(making it the fastest stock production bike Superbike's ever tested), and all three girls went white." While 2up on the Busa, the magazine set an unofficial top speed record of a true 177mph, or 205 on the speedometer.
After reading this story, my wife and I are now ready for a Hayabusa. It only seems right that we get one, afterall, who can get a speeding ticket 2up on a Katana?

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2000, 03:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by His_Suzuki:
"Boom!" The Busa came and was gone at what turned out to be 196mpg(making it the fastest stock production bike Superbike's ever tested), and all three girls went white."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was supposed to be 196mph.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode