Got Spy Photos - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 08:45 PM
wtempleton

The camera bikes were ST1100s but the new bikes were under cover.....I did see the undercarraige on one of the covered bikes and I think it was the replacement for the ST1100 because it had wheels and rubber of sporting dimensions but still had a fairly wide fairing under the stretched cover.

------------------
xxman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 05:53 AM
wtempleton

Was out for a ride up Mt Evans a couple of days ago.It's a great ride with good twisties and great scenery.I came around a corner and the State troopers had traffic stopped.One of the boys came back and told me it would be a 10 minute wait.I asked him what was going on and he said Honda was shooting a new motorcycle commercial up the road a bit.They waved us through after a while and I got my camera out and set it on top of my tank bag.I came around a corner and sure enough there was the new Goldwing and couple other bikes with movie cameras mounted on the tanks.I started snapping pictures as I rode by and they freaked OUT!One guy was running along side of my bike trying to block my shots and yelling some choice words.I got down by Echo lake and they had a couple of other new models under covers.I waited around for a while but I think they knew what I was waiting for!I'll have the film developed tomorrow...hope it comes out.

------------------
xxman
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 06:44 AM

Talking

I guess if we don't hear from you again we'll know what happened

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 06:52 AM

Not sure on this one, but I believe the key to taking "spy" photos is to not get caught.

------------------
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 06:56 AM

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wtempleton:
and sure enough there was the new Goldwing and couple other bikes with movie cameras mounted on the tanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, what 'other' bikes were there.......cruisers? Sportbikes?

------------------
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 07:40 AM

That's funny! Definitely post pictures if they come out!

A few years ago, I saw some mysterious, unmarked cars being tested in New Mexico, on the Interstate. We pulled up along side one of them to take pictures, and the guy freaked out, nailed the brakes, and then got up on our rear bumper for a while. Then he hit the brakes again and stopped.

A little while later, I got pulled over by about a half-dozen N.M. State Troopers WITH GUNS DRAWN! It turns out that little prick called the cops and said that I was waving a gun at him!

After I explained what the real story was, the cops all started to get an understanding look on their faces, because they had dealt with these guys before. They apologized for the confusion and told me to call them if the car testers gave me any more trouble!

It turned out the cars were new Audi A8 sedans, which ironically, were officially unveiled in the car magazines not even a month later!

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 10:03 AM

Lightbulb

Sounds like it could be the X-Wing, maybe???

------------------
Life is hard.
It's even harder when you're stupid.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 10:15 AM

i would see what the magazines would pay for those b4 i posted them here.

------------------
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 10:56 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpeedPhreak:
i would see what the magazines would pay for those b4 i posted them here.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good advice.

------------------
Rossco.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 02:27 PM

Talking

Yeah, what's the going rate for capturing the hand of an idiot running towards a camera on film

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode