Germany's Answer to Big Bird!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Talking

WOOHOO!!!! I got it, I got it, I got it!!!

Sorry for my abject, overly enthusiastic display of sheer joy, but I just had to share it with my sportbike brethren. I just picked up my semi-new, BMW R1150GS and I'm deep into the honeymoon phase of ownership. I am in hock up to my eyeballs, but I don't care. This bike is the weirdest looking thing on two wheels, but it's beautiful. It does everything with such a fluid-like response, it's like it drives itself. The best part is the deal I got. It was a 2000 with only 890 miles on it, and about $4500 worth of accessories (full luggage, titanium exhaust, sissy bar, bar risers, hand guards and the break-in maintenance done 20 miles ago). The guy who orginally bought it , picked it up in May, tricked it out, broke it in, then traded it in for the F650 Dakar, God bless him! I got it for $600 under what it would have been stock, no bells and whistles! I just hope my SuperHawk doesn't get jealous. Anyway, I hope I don't come off like I'm bragging, I just wanted to share this feeling with all of you. I know you've all been there too. Aaaah, all is right with the world again! I love you guys...

------------------
"CAUTION: Cape does NOT enable user to fly" - Warning label on Batman Halloween costume

[This message has been edited by VTRPilot (edited September 04, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 05:48 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
Have any pics of it, would love to see what your all excited about

------------------
John

http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/1144987
"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart" - e.e. cummings
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2000, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Cool

For those of you unfamiliar with the bike in question, here's a pic:

Mine however has a black Corbin seat, custom exhaust and a little custom sissy bar. I'm off to Phoenix next week on a 2000 mile road trip, with the obligatory stop in Vegas, of course! If anything monumental happens I'll give y'all an update...

------------------
"CAUTION: Cape does NOT enable user to fly" - Warning label on Batman Halloween costume

[This message has been edited by VTRPilot (edited September 04, 2000).]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2000, 03:17 PM

Enjoy the honeymoon phase! In this case, it probably WILL last, based on the near universal praise the GS seems to receive. The only thing I've ever heard anyone say bad about it has to do with the looks, and that's all subjective. Most people make fun of the way MY bike looks, too. Think I care? Hell no, too busy having fun.

Closest I've ever come to a GS was a two-week trip on a borrowed R1100R with bags and windshield and I have to say it's a painless way to travel serious miles at decent velocity.

Enjoy.

------------------
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2000, 02:48 AM
Squidwannabe

i love that bike ... almost feels like a space ship , The front fairing is so far ahead, its just wierd when you drive it!

Definitly a fav bike, but I'd go the 650, just because its easier to throw around in the mud!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode