2nd Look seat skins - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Question

Anyone use these. If so, how do you like the fit finish of the cover? How easy was the installation? How does the cover grip-my stock seat is way slick--no Amor All) Thanks

------------------
Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 06:09 AM
Squidwannabe

Can't answer your question, but my friend just bought new vinyl from the local fabric store (8.50$) and redid the seat himself. He simply glued the vinyl over the old stuff and then stapled underneath! Pretty easy and I think the @nd look ones are way too expensive ?? 50$ or something ??

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 06:31 AM

I did the same thing and it looks great!

------------------

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 07:39 AM

Thumbs up

i have a second look on my f4 fits great, looks great, slippery, but not too slippery, anyways if it's too much $, i think JC Whitney has seat covers,

------------------
texas tornado #2
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 08:06 PM

Red face

i think i have seen you ! have you ever been on "cops" ?

------------------
texas tornado #2

[This message has been edited by #2f4 (edited August 10, 2000).]
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 03:50 AM

Thumbs up

I had a 2nd LookŪ cover on my Yellow/Black '00 F4 and it looked bad ass until it was shredded in half when I totaled my ride . Anyway, I bought mine from http://www.compacc.com, overpaid for it (but hey, what else do you do to your baby? ), and I took it to a local upholstery shop who did it with his air stapler for $10. TRUST ME: an air stapler is required. I tried it with a hand stapler, and it wouldn't do a thing. Anyway, the fit and finish of the covers is excellent and they look badass too. Let us know what you decide!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited August 10, 2000).]
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Nick--Air stapler huh, I was just going to borrow a nail gun and blast away Good info. on that upholstery shop though. Did you notice if the cover seemed slipery or not--that's my biggest beef with the OEM seat?

------------------
Clark
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 04:36 AM

Smile

nick is right,i tried to install it my self also, and a hand stapler will NOT do it ! take it to a upholster, they won't charge much.
now,..about your slippery problem,...what the h%ll are you wearing when you ride ?

------------------
texas tornado #2
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 04:42 AM
Squidwannabe

Stop eating Taco Bell so much!!

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 04:55 AM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by #2f4:
now,..about your slippery problem,...what the h%ll are you wearing when you ride ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Clark, what are you wearing? Seriously, I think that's a valid question. I didn't find that the seat on my 929 was slippery to a fault. I don't have any knowledge of Second Look seatskins, but I'm pretty sure that they use the same marine grade vinyl as on their tankskins, which I have had two of. I think that you will find them to be stickier than OEM vinyl.

BTW, if anyone is in the market for a tankskin, go with Second Look. I had one on my VFR, and have one on my VTR. IMO, the best there is.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode