Tires - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Question

hey all
question regarding tires. I have a duk 916 and need to replace both tires. Im looking at michelin pilot sport. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 03:17 PM
Squid

Send a message via AIM to jk6672
I havn't heard anything bad about them, but I'm going wtih the polit racers. I feel they will bit a little more in the corners compared to the street compound. Just MO.

------------------
John

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2000, 05:19 PM

If you're going to do primarily street riding rather than track, the Pilot Sports are the way to go. They can handle a wider range of conditions than the Race and will last longer and cost less. There are quite a few comparison reviews on the internet if you want to take the time to research it. I just put the Sports on my bike, and I love them. Good luck bro...

------------------
C'mon guys! It's all ball bearings these days!...STC

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2000, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

thanks for in the info guys.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 08:34 PM

Everything I've heard says it'll take you way longer to get the race compound tires up to temperature if your not on the track. I've heard that normally Michellins sports take a bit longer to heat up than Dunlops, but once at temp. they're great. I've got 207's on now and love em, but maybe go with the piolts next.

------------------
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2000, 09:17 PM

Smile

Go for the Michelin Pilot Sports. I have a set on my R1 and they are without doubt the best all-round tyre I have ever used. They warm up quickly and are excellent on the track, though they can overheat if used really hard (track only). When they slide it is predictable and can always be caught/controlled in time. My tyres have done 3 track days and about 1300 miles of road riding and are only now beginning to lose their performance.

------------------
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 12:26 PM

If I were you, I would look at the Battlax BT-010s. they were the original tires on my 929, and they were excellent. Honestly, they were the best tires I have ever run. I have since replaced them with some Pilot Sports (I get the Michelins at dealer price, so I can't pass them up), and they are also excellent tires, although I have yet to get them on a track, so I can't really say which is better. Definitely consider the BT-010s, though.

------------------
Rossco.

[This message has been edited by Rossco929 (edited August 28, 2000).]
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2000, 08:59 PM

Hey Centro2, goto www.motorcyclenews.com/features/tyre_test_1/tyre_test_1_4/htm they recently tested the Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli, Metezeler, and Dunlops...The Bridgestone BT010 won with a 98% rating almost perfect...Hope this helps...CSILVA 2000 BAD ASS R6...

------------------
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 01:28 AM
Pete

Rossco, I just realized that you have the "other" paint scheme. Do you have a pic you can post in the photo forum? Thanks.

------------------
Pete
"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of
age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2000, 07:02 AM

i ride the avon av39/40's & love em.

im gonna try pilots next though.. just to see.. ill never ride 207zr again.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode