I did it again #39 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

# 39

Well folks,

I was going to order my new AGV Leathers after I got home from the local weekly Wednesday night hangout (Spechts), but Officer Sparse changed my mind.
Here's the story, my wife hasn't even heard it yet, so I'll try it out on you
Traffic was bad, real bad, and it's 90+ outside. I'm sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the death loop. I see an exit ahead that will lead me around this mess, so I go for it. @ cages and myself are cruising down this road at 65 mph, when we round the corner and there he is Officer Sparse, in the median, I hit the brakes, but too late, he hits his too (to put it into drive). Damn it, Busted!!!! I pull over and I was polite and all that crap. I asked him How come he wasn't out chasing real criminals - like you guys taught me. He goes back to flashing lights mobile and comes back with the pink slip and says "Sign here, and the judge will see you on the 25th".
That little side road shortcut cost me $165.00. I just took the Safe Drivers Couse 5 months ago and in TX we can only go once a year. Now, I am getting ready to order a new Valentine 1 to help me in my conquest for living each day to it's fullest.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Typo's

@ = 2
Couse = Course
That was 65 mph in a 45 mph.

I think that's it.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 02:47 PM

Talking

Dude, you RULE!! That's got to be some kinda record Do you really think your wife is gonna care about 1 more ticket with your record? Let us know how the V1 works for ya. Lets see...$165 X 39=V1 for whole forum...where's mine?

------------------
Clark

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Rug Burn

The wife is really laughing, now

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 04:40 PM

I think once you get so many tickets you get flagged in the computer, and you will get one everytime.

No more breaks for you buddy.

------------------
Dave FZR1

"Master....Master... where's the dreams that I've been after

Master...Master...You promised only lies
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 05:18 PM

Nanner, nanner, nanner, Todd.

I was scooting down I-80 this evening, running it up to about 90 in no traffic, and in my mirrors, what do I see coming up behind me at even a greater rate of knots? Why, it's Officer Sparses' younger brother!

At his point, I've slowed all the way down to 80 and he is on my left, pacing me in his Mustang.

I look over at him (gulp!) and he looks over at me.

He smiles, nods, and takes the next exit.

There is a god, and he rides.

------------------
"After all, we ARE professionals, here."
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 05:49 PM

Hey His_Suzuki how you doing. I cant believe how many tickets you got man. Thats nuts. This is my 8th season and i only got one ticket. And that was last year in my crown Victoria. lol. P.S His_Suzuki dont read whats written below.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Well, As a member of the local C.O.P. program, I get to do ride-alongs with the cops. So evertime that I do this, I get into the computer and check out my status and it shows up clean as a whistle

Yep, the only thing that shows up is the "Left turn on a one-way street after hours". One of those freaky time zone streets.

I AM THE MAN Gee Officer, You must have been doing about 125mph to catch up to me

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 03:13 AM
hy_syde

hey man, u need to be creative...

i live in austin, and u can take def driving more than once a year, well depending on yer local court system..

here is austin, you can take deferred adjudication, which is basically probation for 6 months... if you don't get any tickets during that time period (and u have to take def drive again) the ticket will get dismissed...

other than that, just take the cop to trial and fight it!!! i've had a few tickets dropped by fighting them, simply cuz the PoPo didn't show up...

never just pay yer tickets!!! fight them... the least you can do is put off paying the fine, cuz it can take months to get a trail...

------------------
it's not that u r sloe, it's just that i'm faster than u...
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2000, 03:35 AM

Talking

Todd, I wasn't sure so I had to call DPS, sure enough, one more ticket and you get a free set of Ginsu knifes--cool eh . Hey looks like we have another Texas Sportbike World member (Hysyde), we should really all get together and blaze the hill country (and watch Todd get the big 4 0) Where's Pete? Still got that Superhawk Pete-or is it a RC51 this week ?

------------------
Clark

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited August 10, 2000).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode