Track day - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2000, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

I posted this in another forum, just wanted to make sure everyone saw it. If you can tear yourself away from wheelie practice for a moment...
The folks who organized the Putnam track day I attended last month are doing it again! Details are still to be determined, but cost should be around $150, maximum # of riders will be 40 (that's comfortably low). Broken into two groups-beginner/advanced, alternating 25 min. sessions. Last time I got 200 track miles, and had more fun than the two schools at Mid-Ohio that I've attended. Bike prep is minimal- unplug headlight, and tires not down to wear indicators. If you've never experienced the joy of melting a set of kneepucks or grinding a peg WAAAAYY down, you MUST do this! Please email me if you're interested in attending.
More info at www.curvechasers.com
Also, see putnampark.com for track info

------------------
'98 Superhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2000, 02:49 PM

Putnam Park is a near-great motorcycle track, folks, for anyone who isn't familiar with it. Smooth, grippy, lots of grassy room for runoff if you cook a corner too hot. Really only one or two corners where it would be possible to hit something solid if you screw up. I took Jason Pridmore's Star school there earlier this summer. I saw several people go off track because they overcooked a corner and not one of them went down. So if you're thinking safety, this is a good place to push your personal envelope.

------------------
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2000, 06:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>If you've never experienced the joy of melting a set of kneepucks or grinding a peg WAAAAYY down<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dammit, dude. those freakin pucks and foot pegs don't grow on trees.

------------------
--2000 VTR1000F Super Hawk

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

They may not grow on trees, but they are cheaper than speeding tickets and ambulance rides! Since you're in Indiana you'll be there right?

**UPDATE** The cost is a measly $125 if you pay before 9/15, $150 after that, and there is no other club fee or anything.

------------------
'98 Superhawk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2000, 02:25 PM

probably. i'll know for sure by next week.

------------------
--2000 VTR1000F Super Hawk
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 05:10 AM

Hey, its me from the Indiana ride. One of the guys at Superbike of Evansville was telling me about this. He was going to try to get me to go but I don't have the pants to run on a track unfortunatly. I'm hoping to go ride there next spring though.

------------------
Chris (H-Man) Pyle
'99 F4-S/T
Ride Smart, Ride Far
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2000, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H-Man:
Hey, its me from the Indiana ride. One of the guys at Superbike of Evansville was telling me about this. He was going to try to get me to go but I don't have the pants to run on a track unfortunatly. I'm hoping to go ride there next spring though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talkin' about the pants, or what's in them? If it's just the pants, this club only requires "long pants" for the novice class. You do own jeans, don't you?

------------------
'98 Superhawk
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 04:08 AM

Question

Is there an Alan that has anything to do with this? He set up the last one I was at and they only required jeans for the novice class. I'll see if I can cough up the cash.

------------------
Chris (H-Man) Pyle
'99 F4-S/T
Ride Smart, Ride Far
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2000, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Yes, Alan is the man. Come to think of it, I think we talked at the last track day there.

------------------
'98 Superhawk
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2000, 02:28 AM

Talking

Hey! I think I finally figured out who you were. You had the blue and white leathers? We were talking over in front of Michael and Marks tent for quite awhile. I was the one they let go out and photo and video turns 4 and 8.

I might try to make it but I'm having some serious problems with my car at the moment that money HAS to go to. Plus this weekend I'm spending money on the bike for new brakes, chain and sprockets, oil, and airfilter. So I'm pretty strapped for awhile when you also figure in that my fiance and I are both in someones dang wedding next month. Just can't seem to make my money hang around for very long.

------------------
Chris (H-Man) Pyle
'99 F4-S/T
Ride Smart, Ride Far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode