my first ticket - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

I got my firt ticket the other day. I got hit with the laser at 90 in a 65. Yes, i have to go to court. This will cost me big. Werid thing was I only have my temps. I'm not allowed on the highway. I was sitting in the guardrail waiting for tow truck to come when the cop comes up to me. He asked me why I had a 3-wheeled motorcycle endorsement. ?????
At first I thought he was messing with me then he asked again. Realizing that this would be the only way out i did what any one of uus sportbike riders do. I told him what he wanted to hear. He thought it was really cool that i use to have a goldwing trike!!!

i looked at my license when i got home and didn't see anything that even suggested i had this endorsement. ??? always.. i'll let you guys know the damage when i get the bill.

$$$ as for any ohio riders in n/east section. watch out on rt 77 northbound of 18 in the montrose area. this place is smooth and has three lanes. this was the first time i've seen cops there. i got pulled over around 1100 am

------------------
Necrophilia: that uncontrollable urge to crack open a cold one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 11:11 AM

Thumbs down

That sucks dude. I am sorry to hear about the ticket. Anywayz how bad are the cops in Ohio? I will be going there the on the 10 of next month and would like to know what I am in store for. Glad I got a radar detector.

------------------
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 11:57 AM

It all depends on where you are at. Most places I can slide by in a car 10mph above the limit, but like in southeast Ohio, STICK TO THE LIMIT! They are pricks! I'd say you are cool on the western part of the state, I can't speak for the Cleveland area. No unmarked cars as far as I know.

------------------
Rub those pegs raw!

[This message has been edited by CBR_Damon (edited July 27, 2000).]

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

The highway patrol will stick to the main interstate routes and the turnpike also. They are really bad on the turnpike, but unlike other states they only use marked police cars. They will leave the headlights on when parked also. If traveling on the OTP or routes 70,71,76 and/or 77 just watch the flow of traffic. Usually in bigger cities the cops aren't to bad, but in the "burbs they will and do use unmarked cars and bikes. Akron and Toledo aren't bad about this but i now around the Cleveland area you really have to watch out. What part of Ohio are you going to be in?

------------------
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 02:42 AM

Exclamation

Actually, there are some mistakes in what's being said here. The Ohio State Highway Patrol just purchased some unmarked vehicles. If you will be in the NE part of the state: Look out!!! I drive the Turnpike every day to and from work; 1hr 15min. each way. The Patrolmen don't always leave their lights on...sometimes only the parking lights. Also, they are keen oon picking up people going the opposite way of their direction of travel. This really sucks, because they will turn around and even if it takes 'em five minutes, they'll get ya'. Trust me on this one. Cops in NE Ohio are friggin' ASSHOLES!!! (the majority that I've met anyway). Be careful, don't fool around. They will find any way possible to nail ya'.

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 02:50 AM

They leave their lights on when parked on the side of the road? That sure is sporting - Here in AL they'll hide in the brush 40 ft off the road and watch through the leaves. If they still had billboards along the side of the road, they would hide behind them!! The good thing is that there aren't very many of them...........yet

------------------
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 03:47 AM

This is one topic I do know about. Police and State Troopers do not leave their lights on when running radar. There are a few times when you will see one with their parking lights on but that is the exception and not the norm.

In the state of Ohio their are two highways that are the worst for police and teoopers. I-75 and I-71. You are more likely to get off when pulled over by a city cop. State Troopers will give you some sort of citation 95% of the time. Keep the rubber side down. Also, if a cop passes you going the other way on the highway and you are speeding you may want to use that opportunity to get off the next exit and get gas or proceed to crack the throttle and get out of the area. They are notorious for turning around and coming after you even if they did not clock you.

------------------
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

brutha

that is something i didn't know about. I work as a dispatcher in a truck company. My office is at the toll booths in richfield. Around in this area they will normally leave their lights on. What kind of unmarked cars are they using? I heard the post at 71 ( MT Gilead) was using camaro/mustangs but they were going to be marked. I've seen the Jeep Cherokees but they were marked also. I know over in your area alot of my drivers get pulled over. i think it is between exit 14 and 15 is the bad area.

aside from that how are you healing??? Did the insurance settle with you?

------------------
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 11:00 AM

Welcome to the ticket club

Officer, Can I do monthly installments?

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
38 speeding tickets and still counting
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2000, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE

I recieved a call from the court. It appears that the cop put a bad court date on my ticket. I tried to get it changed to a parking ticket (this works, I've done this before. If you are cool sometimes they will change it. I've been 2-1 on this). They were going to fight me on this since they had me on laser. They did reduce the fine and waive the court apperance. Still was $120. I guess my insurance company will love me for next three years.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode