Why do girls... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Question

Okay so today I went and met my friends to eat and this one chick who I am trying to get with asks me if I will take her home, and I am like sure so we get on the bike and she starts freaking out as soon as we start moving, and I was only goin 5mph thru the parking lot! So we hit the street and go to make a left at the intersection and as the bike starts to lean she freaks out again and tries to lean the opposite way! All the while screaming the we are gonnna fall over! Now keep in mind that I told her how the bike handles when going around corners. Needless to say that it wuz a long way back to her house thru the twisties. Anywayz has anyone else had this happen to them?

P.S. Before everyone freaks out on me I know that there alot of women out there who know how to ride, I am not raggin on all women just the dumb ones. But man she sure is cute!

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 05:26 PM

I've been in the same situation. They get all hyped up to ride on the motorcycle, then freak out when it actually starts moving.

My suggestion: pick up a girl who's not afraid to ride. Or.......duct tape her mouth shut and gun it.

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 05:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F4Missile:
Okay so today I went and met my friends to eat and this one chick who I am trying to get with asks me if I will take her home, and I am like sure so we get on the bike and she starts freaking out as soon as we start moving, and I was only goin 5mph thru the parking lot!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude- take a breath! J/K

I don't know man- some people are just freaked out by the experience, I guess. Just try and let the "chicks" know what they are in for, and don't ride like a banshee while they're on the back- at least at first.

It took my wife a little while to get the hang of being a good passenger. Eventually, she would go on some pretty long rides with me on my FZR. That is until she stepped off the bike one day and burnt her calf on the pipe real bad.Since then, she has to be really coaxed to go for a spin- and I NEVER take her on the bike without a helmet and proper gear.

'cane

------------------

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 08:14 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Group23:
Sportbikes are only for one person. I personaly won't give anyone a ride. No matter what they look like. If you need a bike to pull chick's, That's your problem.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off welcome to the forum, in the short time I've been here it's been a blast.

Next, why won't you share your sportbike with a female (or male-don't want to make any assumptions) riding companion? For me, it's a way to combine 2 things I love-my sportbike and time with my wife. It is a very pleasurable feeling to know she trusts me enough to be on the back as we carve up some twisties together.

If your CBR929RR didn't come with a passenger seat like mine did, you better take it back to the dealer because I think you're missing out.

Also, If you don't want to come off sounding like a jerk, learn to use the smilies in the smilies legend when you post.

------------------
Clark
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 08:38 PM

You should explain the rules of riding pillion before rolling, I know. But that's not always easy to do when you have a girl, who you want to impress, and you don't want to come off as a anal-retentive weiner. I just take it easy the first few times on the road with that person, and she eventually picks up the etiquette.

At the very least, you should tell the passenger about the exhaust pipes and the wheel and drivechain, to not get on or off without letting you know beforehand, and if it's a guy, to lean as you do - this usually happens normally with girls, since they're more willing to grab your waist while riding.

------------------
--2000 VTR1000F Super Hawk
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 08:47 PM

yeah, i've had that problem even though i have a 250. this chik asked me for a ride...one of my friends, and so i was like heck yeah. (the girl's...**cough** against your back feels good) well anyways, going straight would be boring, so i took her to some twisties. she felt like we were going to fall down when i leaned left so she leaned right. nonetheless, the bike was shaking and i was scared well, needless to say, i told her to calm down and just grab my waist and do what i do. she followed and wants more. so she told some of her friends and they all want rdies...woohoo!!! laterz

------------------
Too Young to ride, too old to not
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 08:55 PM

I hope i didn't offend anyone else by not adding enough smiles. My point was sportbikes
are for ONE person. If you wanna ride two up get a freakin Goldwing. That way your wife can watch you all the time. My wife and I can
do things on our own. That way when the semitruck or bus kill's me our dogs will still get fed. Plus I'm not afraid of my wife.

------------------
"I See Dead People"
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-28-2000, 09:44 PM

I was out cruising one night on the strip and saw three girls in a car. So they pull me over and ask for a ride. Two were cute and one was fat. I'll never let a fat person on the back again. I only weigh 147 (that's with 5 pounds of hair AND shoes!). The fat one decides she wanted to fight me in the turns. You know how you get off the seat and over onto the side to drag your knee? I HAD to do that just to make a normal turn. I HAD to get almost my whole butt off the seat plus I had to turn the handle bars. My palms began to hurt from turning my bike! Also, I swear the old 6R wanted to pull the front off the ground. I also noticed when I was stopped that my legs were more bend...ie., the bike was sitting three inches lower.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-29-2000, 12:47 AM

Cool

When someone has never been on a bike, you have to tell them what to expect. Like to lean with you (not against you) in the turns and to relax, hold on and never try to put their feet down when you stop. Even after that, some people just aren't cut out for riding. You also have to realize that it's a little unnerving not being in control of the machine, so until she gets to the point she totally trusts your abilities, she probably will be nervous at the very least. Be persistent and if the screaming continues, get some ear plugs!

------------------
Stacia
Co-Admin
'00 CBR F4 (the faster, silver/red model)
"Objects in mirror no longer matter!"
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-29-2000, 02:18 AM

Talking

Iowa, why the hell did you pick the fat chick to ride on back (you said the other 2 were cute) You should of said, "Nothing personal, but my bike doesn't like fat chicks". Well, O.K. maybe this wouldn't work.

My wife is the best co-pilot, she leans with me well and coaxes me to go faster on the 929. Funny though, she used to slap my back on the Magna to say I was going too fast. I guess she know the 929 is made for speed.

On a side note: It's been about 3 weeks since I got the 929, during which I 've been trying to sell my Magna. I rode it to work this morning and about shit myself. I'm so used to how the 929 handles and brakes and the Magna sucks at both. Initally, I thought I lost the brakes (where's that awesome bite) but alas- they just suck. Also, turning that pig is now a scary endeavor. Anyone wanna buy a Magna--I'll make you a good deal..

------------------
Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode