Getting out of speeding tickets - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2000, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Last weekend I was out for a sunday cruise. Heading back home i decided to ride the bike at high speeds on side streets. I was doing approximately 110 when i noticed a cop traveling in the opposite direction. I look over at him and he started to make a u turn. I new i was caught. So i pulled over to the side of the street waiting for his inevitable arrival. As he was approached me he thanked me for stopping as he acknowledge that i could have easly lost him. So i asked him for my good behavier for obeying the authority would you let me out of this ticket. He did not agree with me at first, but after i told him regarding my other 2 tickets this year and my licsence suspension for any more tickets he let me go with a warning, but letting me know he will be watching for me.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2000, 07:46 AM

congrats buddy ... but be careful. next time you might not have Officer NiceGuy pulling you over

----------
arif
'99 F4 (stolen)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2000, 07:48 AM

My brother is a cop (real arrogant bastard in his blue's) and has done the same on occasion for a few guys on bikes and once for a really cool truck that he says reminded him of my 62 stepside. I talk to a lot of these guys and they all are pretty normal, but the older veterans are mostly the ones who never have given a warning.

Sounds like you did the smart thing and it paid off. This story could have easily ended up……………. as I went thru the side of the tanker truck, or as they scraped my severed body off the road, only you’d be telling St Peter at the gates.

------------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. "

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 03:50 PM

Wink

Tony, tony, tony.....
A sunday cruise? Now I know ya had the Duck out if it were for a cruise. And I also know from experience, that cops are no match for the almighty power of the 916. =) Oh yes, your yellow beauty, on a few instances has shown cops its finer side...the ass. Here's how our fun with the duck went: Pulled over twice - ticketed twice 0/2. Evaded many - saved many 10/10. Well, you get the idea. I'm glad you got off, if I ever had a cop let me off, i'd be more willing to compromise also. Well Mike officially broke in the 929RR after work today. We took Old Vail home, runnin far past the triple digit mark, to find one of tucsons finest coming our direction. Yes the gumball machine lit, and so did our tires. =) Is 165mph ok during break in? Well anyhow, thats one more stamp on the side of the bikes for us... laterz, and remember..."ride it like you stole it!"

------------------
15,500 Rpm Redline...
If its not an indy car,
it must be a YZF-R6. =)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Mike

What's up? When did we purchase the 929 and how do you guys like the bike. I tried to convince him to get the R1 but he had his mind set up.
I was acutally on the R1, the duc was in the shop getting work done to the fairings. The guy at the shop was telling me that those fairings are very very very expensive carbon fibers.
So you and mike both have had experiences ditching the law officers. Now i know what to do for next time. Right before i left he told me that im lucky i didnt try to ditch him because the cars that they drive can easly catch guys like us on bikes :-)
and he was serious.

------------------
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2000, 07:33 PM

I always pull over right away. I'm always nice. I've only ever got a warning once and that was because he didn't radar me. That's including being in my car. I'm 19 and have a record as long as my arm. I'm not a bad driver...I've just done a lot of miles (about 120k in 3 1/2 years). Cops see a guy with long hair and just get out the ticket book. That is after they search my car/glove box/person/trunk/bags/anything else. I let them. I've got nothing to hide and if they want to waste their time...that's fine with me. I'm getting a ticket either way.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2000, 01:33 AM

Talking

Yea, I'd say you got lucky. Next time you might as well just pull down your pants and take it like a man....or take down his pants and go to work. Ewwwww....

------------------
Rub those pegs raw!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2000, 08:24 PM
hy_syde

Red face

o'gdayum!!!

now I can tell that most of the ppl here are the civil type, so i won't get to ruff...

but i can tell u the best way to get outa speeding tickets, is to simply not pull over... RUN LIKE A CRIMINAL!!!!

Be warned, RUNN'N is only for those wit the skillz to evade PoPo...

but no way 5-0 is gunna catch a sportbike, short of pull'n out a roadblock, and by the time they get that act 2gether i'm in another county...

------------------
it's not that u r sloe, it's just that i'm faster than u...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 01:41 PM

I've been pulled over 4 times, and three times I've gotten out with a warning. On the one bike related I did get nailed for I was going over 95mph, but the cop was nice enough to give me 85 instead. Friends often marvel at my 'Cop Karma'...

The key to it is to know when you were really caught and when you weren't. I was pulled over in Oregon for speeding but the lawman didn't have radar and wasn't pacing (saw me from a side street and I saw him and hit anchor). They have to video tape there - which is a good thing. So I just got off and said 'do you have me on radar?' He didn't so he had to let me go. But if you get paced - it's time to kiss ass and admit you are a bad man on a bike but you're trying really hard to reform, etc. etc... It's (almost) always worked for me.

-Sui

------------------
"The woodman does more by skill than by brute force; by skill the pilot guides his storm-tossed barque over the sea, and so by skill one driver can beat another."
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 05:43 AM

Man you guys are doing something wrong (speeding) because everytime I am speeding and a cop sees me they just wave slow down and don't do anything. They don't even bother coming after me. Well at least not yet. I've passed this one car doing about 90 and a cop had his liedar on and just waved and told me to slow down. I've been really lucky so far. Of course I haven't been doing 110+ down side roads either... I'm not that smart

------------------
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode