Need to know if I am getting a deal. please help - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Question

I just got back from riding and a guy down the street has a 98 GSXR 600 w/ 4500 mi. on it and wants like $5500 and I could prolly get it a little cheaper. I just bought an F4 and love it but is there a chance I could turn around and make some money on this if I bought it? Lemme know what ya think.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 02:04 PM

Hey man check out this web site http://www.nada.com/ go to motorcycles and the GSXR is going for $6115 high, $5610 average and $4265 low retail. I think you would have a hard time making any profit off the deal, unless you find a sucker. Another thing you have to keep in mind is the tax title and tag fees (at least in Va those can add another $100-200). Just my 2cents

------------------
Tony
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 03:30 PM
Founder

Kelly Blue Book Values:

Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $4260
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.m...ng;44600;14095

Suggested Retail Value $6170
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.m...ng;44600;16005

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 03:43 PM
Squidwannabe

HEY!!!

My friend just bought an f4 for like 2000$ less... He was bragging on how he got a good deal... I went over to look at the bike and right away I saw why it was so cheap. No Valve Stems, Wierd holes through each and every bolt(not only that but the loser who sold him the bike didn't even remove the safety wire) and the tires wear worn in a racey kinda fashion.. I told him he Guy who had sold it to him had raced the bike but he didn't believe me.. I insisted he get another opinion.. I was right

Moral of the story, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

------------------
Hello I ride a motorcycle, please cut me off!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2000, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Thanks for the input everyone I am considering this bike and a 97 750 too so I am not sure yet. The bike has not been raced, it was ridden by this guys girl friend who could barely hold the bike up. the reason they are selling is because they want to ride to sturgis and he has a V-Star cruiser or something and she want a cruiser too so they are just trying to get rid of the bike.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode