Did everyone ride to work today? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2000, 08:36 PM
Pete

Well, I didn't ride in today. Doom on me, I know, but I am trying to keep the miles off my bike while it is for sale.

Funny thing is, *yesterday*, in my parking garage's designated m/c parking area, there were twice the usual number of bikes. Today, there is half the norm. Damn Texas rednecks must have thought yesterday was RTW Day.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 03:11 AM

Cool

I was so happy to ride to work today to participate in the (official?) "National Ride To Work Day". This is the first time I've used the bike to "commute" so it's kinda a big deal for me....hehehe. I definitely saw more bikes than usual this morning so I know there was some good support out there. Who else rode their bike to work today?

------------------
"Enjoy the ride!"

Dan M.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 03:17 AM

I rode
Then again I ride as often (almost everyday) that I can.

For all those that did ride to work today, thanks, because hopefully your presence will make it a little safer for all of us out there!

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e
"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f**k the prom queen!" - Sean Connery

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 03:31 AM

Rode in for work today.

83 when I got here and 103 when I leave. You have to love (hate) Texas.

Keep the shiney side up.

------------------
GSX-R750 -- If speed kills, do brakes give life?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 04:24 AM

I rode in today but I'm not looking forward to the wet ride home.

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 04:27 AM

Funny you asked, I'm on my way out the door to switch vehicles....I too don't enjoy riding in the rain....Jimmy G

------------------
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 04:31 AM

Red face

I know what you guys mean....I'm keeping an eye on the weather down here in South Florida too. We tend to get those afternoon thunderstorms this time of year, so it's either swap vehicles at lunch time or leave early, if the weather starts to deteriorate. Stay dry!

------------------
"Enjoy the ride!"

Dan M.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 05:18 AM

I rode as usual. I ride whenever I can. Lately I have been driving the car to take my daughter to camp, what a drag. Today she suited up and off we went.

------------------
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 05:41 AM

Just got back...I'm soaked..Missed a dry ride home by 15 minutes!!!Sucks to be me...... sometimes....Jimmy G

------------------
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2000, 06:38 AM

Cool

I rode today too, but then again i ride every day!! But some lady cut me off on the way to work.... didn't even bother to check and see if I was there in the lane next to her, uggghhh. The way drivers have been lately I think I am going to make some shirts that read "Hello I ride a motorcycle please cut me off"!

I'm sorry to go off topic but cagers need to be more aware, I dont know about the rest of yous guys but here in HOT Az I think the majority of people recieved their license from a cracker jack box. I wish there were more days like this for all of us to unite and ride!!

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode