Laguna Lunatics - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2000, 10:03 AM
wtempleton

I thought it would be interesting if everyone lucky enough to go to Laguna this year would post the craziest,wildest,squid moves they saw....at the track,in town....on the way there or on the way back...bikes...babes...brawls.....whatever...don't hold back....let it all out.

------------------
xxman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2000, 10:06 AM
Pete

Thumbs up

I like that idea a lot! And I wanna see pictures!

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 08:46 PM

That's easy!

The award for Top Squid has to go to the COP down on Cannery Row, who dropped his bike in front of a thousand people. As he was trying to pick the bike up, it was spilling gas all over the ground. Once he got the bike upright, he tried to accelerate away, but the rear tire started spinning in the gasoline, and he dropped it again!

The crowd went nuts. I heard he tendered his resignation the next day...

------------------
I'm not joking. And don't call me Shirley.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 09:01 AM

Talking

Shirley your Joking Scott!

That would be a sight to see!! I wanna go next year! Anyone wanna try planning something?

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

[This message has been edited by riverrunner_2000 (edited July 12, 2000).]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 09:32 AM

I wasn't going to say anything cause I don't need smart ass posts. But this was My highlight okay,

We were going to Cannery Row (I think thats it). There were like 10,000-20,000 people (Saturday). We left our Motel 6 in Salinas S. and about 5 miles away from the motel I see this grey Expedition (sp) and they want me to do a wheelie (I love to do them). \
So I do and I started in first at about 55 and, second and then third. I can always hit third but it was going so well I went for fouth and held it tell about 11,000-12,000. I was going a little faster then I was used to so I put it down (it was getting around 130mph, hard to see). I was so stoked, it was AWESOME!!

Well when we hit first street light and this guy from the truck runs up to me and says "I like your style, here is my new video". His name was Holt. The light had turned green and cars were in a hurry so I didn't have a chance to say thanks. They had parked and we couldn't park for almost a 1/2 mile down the road. We walked back but they were gone (there was four guys in the truck).

I didn't really believe him tell I played the video. But it was him. The video is Urban Assault. I have never bought a street bike video but the riders were Pauly, D-Mann, Todd, and Holt with some others but can't recall the names. He seemed really cool for the 30 seconds I got to talk to him.

Anyways that was my highlight for the weekend. The cool part is my friends were there to see the whole thing!!

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Dan F4 (edited July 12, 2000).]

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2000, 10:16 AM

Talking

White Devil was into some pretty wild stand-up wheelies on his cow-fur covered R1. He was also working some pretty mean rollie stoppies. I have to say, the coolest thing I saw was Rothwell riding wheelies on his pocket bike. He even speed-ski'd behind it.

------------------
Mojo
http://killersurf.com/mojo

"I always get screwed by the system. It's my job.
I'm the universe's bitch." - Drew Carey
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2000, 11:02 AM
Pete

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan F4:
I wasn't going to say anything cause I don't need smart ass posts.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww shucks, with an intro like that I just don't have the heart to say things like "Dan's goin' Hollywood!" Pauly and D-Man are from the Las Vegas Extremes group; guess they disbanded or somethin'. Not that I know a lot about that stuff, I just have one of their tapes (LVE).

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited July 13, 2000).]
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2000, 12:08 PM

Thanks for being gentle Pete!!!

After I saw the video(and knew he was telling me the truth), I wish I had stopped by his truck and asked him a few ??'s.

But, oh well....

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2000, 07:18 AM

Talking

It looks like a pic of White Devil's bike made it to motorcycle.com's online mag. Find it at http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcracing/00laguna.html

It's at the bottom of the page with an appropriate caption...

------------------
Mojo
http://killersurf.com/mojo

"I always get screwed by the system. It's my job.
I'm the universe's bitch." - Drew Carey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode