Another one gone - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Old Guy

Unhappy

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Fizzman. Hopefully, motorcycling was a true passion of his. When my time is up, I wish to go doing what I loved. But until then, I will be wearing a helmet to increase the odds that I will ride again tomorrow.
Encourage all your friends to do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2000, 10:08 PM

Unhappy

I'm not sure what to say, none of you knew him but you know his passion.

Monday a friend of mine (Chuck) somehow misjudged a turn and hit a curb, he flew some 40 feet headfirst into a light pole. He didn't have a helmet on. He was 21.

It's now 5 in the morning and I have had one badass week. I have to get up in 5 hours and tell his mom and dad what a great kid Chuck was, and leave out the part about him being too dumb/stubborn to strap a damn lid on his melon.
A while ago someone on the board asked weather or not he should wear a helmet (I think it was CBRBrotha), and I said when I see someone without one I think of Darwin and laugh. I don't think this is what Darwin had in mind, and it's not what I had in mind either.
Be careful people. I don't say much on this forum, and I don't know a one of you. BUT, I do not want to eliminate any chance of ever meeting any of you due to something like this.

Rock on
Ride on

Fizzman

------------------
Mu toys,

84VF500F (RIP)
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RX
Yamaha acoustic
JB player acoustic
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 12:27 AM

Exclamation

People, use some common sense and INVEST in a quality helmet and WEAR the damn thing EVERYTIME you mount your ride.

You cannot afford the consequences and the hurt you are going to put on your friends and family if you are killed.

Be safe and keep the shiney side up!

------------------
GSX-R750 -- If speed kills, do brakes give life?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 01:30 AM

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm against helmet laws as legislation but don't understand riding without one.

------------------
"Ray, when someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!!!"
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 01:40 AM

Fizzman, My sincerest condolences to you and your friends family. I hope no one here rides w/o a helmet. I enjoy chatting with you all and don't want to here anymore stories like this. I rode w/o a helmet many times before when I had the Magna. That thing wouldn't go very fast...but plenty fast to kill in a wreck. Very stupid! Now I ride with my helmet or not at all. The risk is too great to be fashionable or comfortable. Even people I see on the street that only have a helmet on (no gloves, t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes) makes me cringe.

------------------
Clark
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 01:41 AM
Pete

Fizz, my condolences to you and your friend's family.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 02:07 AM

It is very sad and I do not envy you and what you have to do.

Thanks for sharing something that must be pretty tough to talk about.

I realize with the amount of friends I'm making in the riding world that I will eventually lose someone I know. I pray I won't but would like for everyone to reduce the chances by wearing their helmet.

Hang in there Fizz'.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 02:24 AM

All,

I have yet to lose a friend to a motorcycle accident, but I feel Fizzman's pain nevertheless.
I'm sorry about his friend and my prayers are with him and with his friend's family.

We all ride knowing that one day we may too meet our maker while riding. I just want to encourage everyone to really think about what you'll say to Him when you meet Him. Have we done what He's asked us to do, or have we lived only for ourselves.

Personally, I know that everytime I throw my leg over my bike, it may be the last time. In my heart, I know I'm ready to go...whenever He calls. Are you?

Just some food for thought...

"Red"

------------------
Know Jesus, Know Peace!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 02:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
sorry for your loss

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2000, 02:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear of the loos of your friend.

------------------
Ride the Pace,
JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode