Sportbike World banner

They sold my bike!!!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  molebaby 
#1 ·
Well technically it wasnt my bike, but it should've been,

I've been wheelin and dealin with this guy at the dealer about a used '04 R6 for about 2 weeks while i was scroungin up money. I was just gettin ready to bring them my deposit in the next few days so i called today to let them know, and those no talent ass clowns sold the bike to someone else last sunday!!!:finger: :crying: :finger:

I was sooooo close!!!! They said theyre gettin another used '04 R6 but this one has under 1k miles and will be more expensive, the other '04 i couldve gotten for 6400, this ones gonna be around 7300.......yea its only $900, but thats 900 that i dont have right now.......and probably wont anytime soon.......

uugghhhh.....i need to go break something......

#3 ·
The dollar counts first so get it there first.

I have bought a number of bikes, from way backin late 40s right up till '00 & have never seen the bikes or in some cases like I might not know the design other then on paper.

Some feel they not only have to see the bike but ride it around a bit to even dicker on the price with dealer or owner.

#4 ·
Damn...I'm sure i should be mad at some higher authority, but I can't think of who or why. So we'll just go with DAMN THE MAN!!!

#5 ·
Well i called another dealer today and they have a used '03 with 1700 miles. They said they could get me out the door for $6400. I coulda had an '04 for that!!!! How much lower do you think i should try and go. If i walkin in with say....$5700 in my pocket, or is that too low.

Also the other dealership thats gettin another used '04 with under 1k miles for about $7300, should i walk in there with the $6500 i was going to pay for the '04 they already sold, and ask to be out the door with that? Or is that just askin to be laughed at and kicked out.

damn those salesmen.....i coulda been riding this weekend!

:crying: :crying:

#6 ·
If you walk in there, cash in hand, they would be stupid to say no, especially since it is coming up on the end of riding season soon.

The worst they can do is say no, but I doubt they will.

Good luck!

#7 ·
i live in charlotte nc, so we pretty much get to ride year round, yea it gets cold, but you can still ride........only exception is the 2 weeks a year we get snow.....

you think i should still try the $6500 for the '04 with under 1k miles??

#9 ·
Moved up to MN from Charlotte - how is it going ;p

Wait - wait wait wait and wait.

You have the money which gives you the power in this situation. Stave off the need and wait until winter progresses a bit. You'll be able to save hundreds if not a thousand already on the same bike. Let the 05s push em back as well.

Time *is* on your side. Don't let impatience give them the upper hand - keep the deck stacked in your favor as long as possible... it'll only get better ;p

#11 ·
I hate to be a buzz kill but it looks like you are spending more than you can afford. Besdies the bike how will you cover the montly insurance costs? You should probably take a step back and look at spending a little less and get something a little older. If you spent on $5000 you could put the rest in the bank and have it available for insurance. Just a food for thought

#12 ·
i've already worked out all the costs. $6500 is the max i can spend on a bike, i've got everything else good to go, just need the bike.

#13 · (Edited)
K2XBlade said:
Also the other dealership thats gettin another used '04 with under 1k miles for about $7300, should i walk in there with the $6500...
How many miles were on the one they already sold? Unless it was just incredibly high, I can't see mileage making that much difference on a used bike. The key word is "used". Sure, those salemen are gonna play it up like it's "almost new" it has so few miles on it. But it is still a USED bike. And if you were trying to sell it to them rather than buy it from them, they would be telling you exactly the same thing.

I went to Kelly Blue Book and the retail value of an '04 R6 is $6600. That and the fact that the riding season is winding down definitely play in your favor.

#14 ·
the bike they sold had 1700 miles on it.

I found an '03 at another dealer, its got 1400 miles, yoshimura exhaust, fender eliminator kit, turn signal integrator thing, for about $6200, i think that sounds like a good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.