Do you love it, or want a divorce? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-19-2000, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

I honestly like my bike a lot....but I don't LOVE it. You guys know what I'm talking about. The reason isn't what you may be thinking. It's not because it's not the newest, fastest thing out there...it's because of it's weight. The bike is heavy. Even though it's down 26 pounds because I lost 1/2 the exhaust by going w/a 4-1, it's still around 500 pounds. Same weight as a Kawi ZX7R. Great bike, but too heavy. After a full pipe, jet kit, and 4 degree ignition advance, I've got mucho top end and good midrange but no bottom end. Getting the front wheel up w/o clutching just does not happen. The bike has a long wheelbase and that probably hurts it too. Actually, I've gotten to the point w/it that I'm dragging pegs left and right. The exhaust mounts up high enough so that I don't scrape the can. The Kat is a pretty darn capable sportbike, but too damn heavy.
I'm also slightly upside down on the loan and that's definitley a thorn in my side. I'm waiting for the GSXR1000. At that point, as long as all the major mags bless the thing and I hear good things about it, that'll be my bike for life. Custom paint and the whole nine. Cheers.

------------------
Cosmo
"May I please, remain in this space, for darts......"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 05:40 AM
Lifetime Premium

Question

All this talk about people and bikes and
problems etc... Makes me think...

How do YOU feel about YOUR bike? Do you like
it but want more.. Not quite what you're
after? Are you like me, can't see wanting
a new bike for a long long time (finally
happy with what you have)? If so, either way,
why?

Let's hear about it...

------------------
It's nice to have one of the biggest...
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 05:53 AM
Pete

I'm ready to trade up to a Vespa, because I wanna be just like Paul. He's my idol.

------------------
Pete
Email: [email protected]

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:04 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
...I wanna be just like Paul. He's my idol.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't you mean "idle"?! You two are like Abbott & Costello, Laurel & Hardy or Martin & Lewis... one is smart and the other....
To get on the topic: Bigger is not always better, alot of things come into play. What kind of riding you do, the available roads, etc. To me, where I ride (can you say curve city ?), the fastest bike is the one with the smartest rider with the biggest cajones. I've seen guys on tricked out big bores get smoked by guys riding 600's with minor mods.
Sure would be nice to wheelie "on command", tho. We'll see what happens for 2001.

------------------
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:18 AM

I love the RC 51, it is everything I expected.

I agree with Pete, Paul is my idol too. He is a God.

------------------
Ride Hard!

John
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:26 AM

I love my bike...But I see a 929 in the future!!

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:30 AM

Thumbs up

I love my R6. It fits me perfectly, like that puzzle piece that makes the picture complete. I get the feeling like the bike is a part of me. All I have to do is think about it. Anyone else know what I mean?

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:38 AM

I'm not ready for a divorce, but I would like to have a tawdry affair with a VOR 503, R1, R6, or GSXR 750.

------------------
'98 Superhawk
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:47 AM
Lifetime Premium

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VYPIR:
I love my R6. It fits me perfectly, like that puzzle piece that makes the picture complete. I get the feeling like the bike is a part of me. All I have to do is think about it. Anyone else know what I mean?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah VYPIR I totally know what you mean...
That bike (the R6) changed my love for
motorcycles to an obsession. It's a
telephathic machine... It's all there!

Great responses guys, that's exactly what
I was looking for... Honest responses!!

ICBM - What about you? You didn't really
answer the question... Hell I don't even
know what you ride man?

Chris

------------------
It's nice to have one of the biggest...
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-20-2000, 06:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i love the gsxr, it's still the honey-moon. but my f2 had things done to it, whereas my gsxr is pure. it's like going from a mini-skirt wearing sleeze with a tongue ring (my f2) to a virgin (the gsxr). you know the virgin is better for you in the long run, but you just can't wait to...hmm...er...de-flower her? (with pipe, pcii, gearing, penske, tongue ring).

i'm not from utah, but i kinda have two brides. the fzr is a lot like a ugly chick with a great body. you always wanna help her look better, maybe take her to the gym and get a little stronger (560 motor, 17" rear wheel, yzf6 front-end, etc.), but everytime you take her for a ride she treats you well and you always have fun. she's a little demanding, but worth the effort.

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode