Where do you get your tires from? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

I've almost worn out the rear tire on the 12. Called my usual source (Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse), and they quoted me a price of $135. Waited 2 weeks, and got a notice from them saying the tire was back-ordered. Called the dealer I bought the bike from, and they said they could get them from Kawasaki, at $286. There must be a third option here. Anybody know what it is?

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 12:12 PM

http://www.angelfire.com/in2/jstyles/bikelinkz.html Try this site out. It has links to discount stores, tire and pipe manufacturs
and a lot more.

Ps. How many miles do you have on that thing. I seems like you just got it. I guess 165 HP is bound to be hard on tires.

Mike

------------------
A man's got to know his limitations
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 12:22 PM

Call Doug at Trans Am cycles. He will ship you some D207's at wholesale prices. Tell him Geoff told you to call. 717-626-4765

------------------
Ride Fast. Take Chances.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-2000, 01:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i get my bridgestones form [email protected] and dunlops and michelins from www.188fastlap.com. if i get pirrelli's it's www.teampromotion.com

all three don't play this back order bs. they tell you they don't have it up front. and they will also talk recommended pressures, etc. all three know their @#$!

------------------
Tony

00 GSX-R750-yellow & black
88 FZR400-krylon black
94 CBR600F2--sold
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2000, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, for the suggestions, fellas, I'll check 'em out. I'll start with Doug, Geoff, and maybe he'll feel like he owes you one, next time you see him. Mike, I'm at 4500 miles in 1 month, with maybe 500 miles left. I picked up a nail on a 500 mile day, so I rode at least a hundred miles with the tire rather underinflated, which shortened it's tread life, but it looks like I can expect maybe 5500 to 6000 miles between rears, with no burnouts or excessive spinning.

------------------
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2000, 07:13 AM

I order everything I can from http://www.starcycle.com because they're the cheapest. Never ordered tires from them, but I know they sell 'em. I order just about everything else there. OK people...great prices.

my $.02

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2000, 07:14 AM
Pete

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leon90zx11:
snip...I'm at 4500 miles in 1 month...snip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now there's a serious street rider! Damn Leon, that's an average of 150 miles/day! You bought it to ride it, though, right? Now it's easy for me to see how you put 100K on the ZX11. My hat's off to you.

------------------
Pete
-If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited June 22, 2000).]
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2000, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Geoff, I got in contact with Doug at Trans-Am, who had the tire I needed, for a lot less than what they wanted for it here. Thanks.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode