Jetted my '00 600 F4 (WOW) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Red face

I just rejetted my F4 last night. After installing my Yoshimura Competiton Pipe and K&N filter, it was sluggish up to 5500. It was beginning to get on my nerves, and even though Yosh said no rejetting req'd, I bought a FactoryŽ Config. 10 kit. K&N said it was a good thing to do.

I still have a little bit of adjusting to do, but I'm fairly good with carb & engine work, so I should be alright.

To get to the point though: I took it out last night after installing the kit and doing the initial adjustment to see how it would run. This of course after I reassemble most of my bike and forgot to turn the fuel back on (duh ). Anyway...I decided to ride without any fairing to save some time. I took it out and immediately noticed it ran lean below 6500. After that the midrange rush was stellar. I took it on the interstate and this is where things became REALLY interesting. I was cruising along at about 80mph when I decided to do a 6th gear roll-on, you know...see what kind of response I was getting. I did so and was pleased with the results.

The amazing thing though was that at about 120mph (around 10,000 I believe) the bike started to bounce the front tire off the ground. I mean it literally pulled the wheel off the ground about 6inches then dropped it again, then kept up with these little 3inch bounces. I was friggin' astounded. There wasn't any wind or anything last night either.

I know 600's are powerful, but that was crazy. Anyway, I can't wait to get home from work today and see what it can do on the low end once I raise the floats and adjust the fuel mixture screws.

I've heard a bunch of people say that rejetting did nothing for them, but it certainly helped me. I'd be interested to hear anyone else's "rejetting tale" and how it helped/hurt their performance.

P.S. Just to clarify. I WAS in 6th gear. Not a mistake. UNbelievable I know...

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 03:16 AM

I am having my R6 2000 jetted this Tuesday. She already has a yoshi slip on pipe. I will also have it dynoed next Saturday to see what gains it has if any.

------------------
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 05:07 AM

Hey Brutha - "Unbelievable" it is.

------------------
Ride Fast. Take Chances.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 06:16 AM

I REALLY hope the weather is good Sunday so I can witness this freakishly powerful F4 firsthand. Say Nick, did you also change your front sprocket to a 10 toother?

------------------
'98 Superhawk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Yeah I know how much it sounds like I'm making this up, but I'm really not. I guess it's possible that a strong wind came right at that moment and lifted the bike a little, although that would be a first for me.

Either way...it happened, and even if I can't repeat it, the difference in acceleration is still there. Now it's just a matter of keeping the top end while adjusting the bottom end. Theoretically, they don't affect one another in any way, but that's in a perfect world, and we all know...

The bike is basically stock, and no, there haven't been any gearing changes. You can see the complete specs in the "How Do I" forum.

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 09:01 AM

Yes, it almost sounds unbelievable for a roll-on in 6th. When I rejetted my bike, the performance below 4K suffered, but mid to topend was very noticable...in a good way.

Trevor

------------------
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 09:32 AM

It doesn't matter if it comes up in 6th!! The only thing that matters is that it DID improve on the performace.

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Dan F4: You speak truth bro, you speak truth!!!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 10:19 AM

Question

Yo' Brutha,
you putting the bike on a dyno anytime soon??
i'm sure alot of people here would be interested in knowing what kind of numbers the bike is putting out....

-------------
arif
'99 F4
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2000, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

There is a brand new Harley/Buell shop about 15 minutes away which will run it for me for $30. If I can get it up there before I leave for Summer term at college (July 7), I'll post the numbers. If not...it will have to wait until September. I'm sure I'll still be here then though. SO if you have the patience...

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode