Value of a 03 R6 that was dropped? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Value of a 03 R6 that was dropped?

A friend of mine has an 03 R6 that he dropped in a wheelie gone bad. It was at a rather low speed and the tank got a softball sized dent in it. Other than that the bike is in good shape and has about 2000 miles. I'm thinking about buying it but i don't know how much it should be worth considering the damage. Is there anythig else that i should look at due to the fact that it was dropped?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 08:49 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
KBB lists an undamaged one at $6865, Nada says $6580 average with $5000 being the low end. Again, these are undamaged bikes, but you can use those to gauge a fair price if you are interested in this bike.

Most importantly, how much do you think it is worth? That will set the pricing.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 10:47 AM

Take the KBB Values and then price out the parts that are damaged and the cost of a front end alignment. Then subtract these two totals, this will get you a fair price you should pay. Remember if you go to low your friend will just fix it himself, and then resell it for more than you are offering. I would say you will be at least $1500 under KBB when done, that gas tank alone must be pushing $1000 at the dealer. There were no other panels damaged???

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 11:56 AM

Also is the frame in perfect shape & the same goes for froks, & other levers, to engine covers to plastic----------any of those can not only cost a lot, but in some cases the bike would be totalled by the insurance people.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

He already has replaced whatever plastic was damaged and has been riding it for a while since he dropped it. So i guess everything else is still in working order.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004, 02:56 PM

if its just the dent, at this time of year, with the 05`s coming out soon, i would give him 5000$ why does he want to sell it? whats a dealer trade worth? if he wants another bike maybe he should doo a trade in.,
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

He's selling because he doesn't really use it much anymore and has a baby on the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode