2004 RC51 - Poser Bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
2004 RC51 - Poser Bike?

First off the RC is probably my favorite bike ever thus far, but while driving home from a golf outing over the weekend I saw one of the '04 models. It's a Hayden replica with the Team Honda decal kit on it. Looks ok I guess (I'm really not into stickers/decals), but some things stuck out to me (one thing in particular really - exhaust). The bike has the "Jardine" exhaust sticker, yet the bike comes with the regular old stock cans. Kinda poser-ific IMO. I wish I could have had a closer look to see about the other stickers and whether or not the equipment advertised on the sticker was indeed actually on the bike. Since we were in traffic I didn't get a close enough look though, but other stickers I saw were "Renthal" on the swingarm, "Dunlop" on the front tire fairing, "HRC" on the sides of the bike, etc.

I wonder if any of those parts are actually on the bike, anyone know for sure? Anyone care? I'd like to hear some RC owners opinions too. Is this a poser version of the bike, or am I just being a nit-picking bastard.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 03:37 PM

I work at a Honda dealership and recently set up a Hayden replica. I can tell you that it is a totally stock RC-51. The decal kit (which was a bitch to put on by the way) is purely there as tribute to Hayden and doesn't necessarily reflect any mods on the bike (unfortunately). The bike also has his autograph on top of the tank .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 03:52 PM

In the winter I was putting money down on the 929. Dealer asked me why not the RC-51.

Pointed out it was a bit on the heavy side, not as much crank HP & I could not see forking out thousands of dollars for kits to upgrade it for road racing.

Seems my thinking was best for the first of the RC-51 riders really moaned about terrible grips & a saddle that would make the 929 feel like a couch.

While they looked great none were getting any great performance out of them bar Honda factory/dealer racers. While those with 929s were doing better & we know come '04 Honda dropped the V-twin 1000 for the CBR1000 four.

I felt that Honda designed the 929 & natch the 954 as fast trotting hwy bikes while the RC-51 with the extra(costly) kits for basically road racing.

Just a thought on RC-51 VS their 929 or 954.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode