Motorcycle longevity Vitmins - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2004, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Motorcycle longevity Vitmins

At 63 I whip & rip every Sat & Sun on one of my 200 two 300 mi loops from sea level to10,000 ft elevation and back down, on a 1993 Honda CBR 900RR that this day 8/9/04 has 148,883 mi on it, I just spooned on my 26th set of Dunlop tires, and did the 44th oil change last week, this bike is bullet proof, never been apart, the valves have stayed at the same setting after the 35,000 mi one and only adjustment (owned bike 7 yr).

This bike is redden like a 250 MXer, pinned all the time, and loves the 7 to 11,000 power curve zone, always going 115-145mph, this bike gets no mercy, only good maintenance,3,000 mi oil changes, 9,000mi filter, all swing arm and delta link shock pivots have zirk fittings, this makes for good working Race Tech suspension

The main reason for the longevity of this classic machine is DURALUB oil additive.
I use 6oz with every 4qt of Honda 10-40, with a magnetic oil drain plug.

I also apply Duralube on the chain with a ˝ inch wide art brush when the chain is hot after a ride, this takes only a few minutes, and worth the effort, you will never have tight spots in your chain, I can get 35,000+ mi out of a chain & sprocket set.

For wheels I mix a small amount of Duralub(2drops a spoon full) with wheel bearing grease, pop seals out and repack bearings every 4th tire change.

Funnel some in to the clutch cable, wow magic clutch pull and it will last a long time.

A low miles none ridden bike (wife whipped workaholic poseur owned) is prone to pitted shock shafts & fork tubes, endless electrical problems because of the battery always at a discharge and maybe a rats nest in the air box.

Bottom line> Inline 4s take a pounding for a long time, just keep’em reved dude. and if you don't drink or smoke you will last a long time also.

“A good bike is a hard ridden bike”
"A good person is a good moral choice person"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2004, 08:42 PM

yea so ya work for duralube so what
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 02:41 PM

DURALUBE

Quote:
[yea so ya work for duralube so what ]

HAHA, Thats just what i was thinking

Sounds like you take very good care of your bike, maintenance wise, so duralube, or no duralube you will get lots of mileage out of bike.

Nice plug for duralube though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode