Ticket for loud exhust. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Ticket for loud exhust.

http://www.gazette.com/popupNews.php?id=1113804

This was posted on anoteher forum Figured I'd pass it on to over here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 01:20 PM

Well some on the various boards say they want an exhaust system that will deafen those around them.

My bikes are with STOCK exhaust systems because the bikes have bags of power & I would prefer to put the money into petrol, oil, tyres, chains, filters, safe riding tear & such rather then an aftermarket can & then work on the carbs or new map for the fuel injection system.

Interesting thing to note is that a number of chaps are on they hwys with fairly new bikes, bags & such so they are travelling around AND I note ALL, so far, are with stock systems. Can also see that some are quite experienced in riding, so they are not newbies with their first bike. This pleases me I can assure you.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 06:17 PM

Well I'm glad I don't live there. I plan on buying a D&D pipe for my bike..

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 07:34 PM

Eh, people know they are breaking the law by puttin on after market pipes. They just need to deal with the tickets or stay out of that area.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
Well I'm glad I don't live there. I plan on buying a D&D pipe for my bike..
What bike?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Here is my opinion. I have an aftermarket exhaust on my truck, and on my bike. There is a difference between sounding good, and being Obnoxious. I have heard D&D pipes, and I regard them as Obnoxious and ill sounding. I'm not saying my bike is quite either but I know how to keep it quite. It sometimes also nice to be able to remind that dumb ass cage driver that you are next to him. By using the engine, the horn just pisses people off in my experience. I use the horn to be obvious to that jackass that was trying to run me into the guard rail on the way home.

But people should respect other people. I don't run around in 1st gear at 35 MPH in a residential neighborhood. Keep the RPM"s low and keep the exhaust quite.

As far as the exhaust on my truck goes, its pretty quite, even for having the gotten a Flow 40 which besides straight pipes or cherry bombs is the loudest you can get as far as I know. Yes I can make my truck sound pretty loud if I wanted to. But again I don't run around in 1st gear at 35MPH in a residential neighborhood.

As far as my bike goes I could say my exhaust is for performance gains and ground clearance. Which is what it really is for, however I certainly don't need it, yet. But I couldnít turn down an aftermarket MIG high mount for $150 bucks.
I love the way my bike sounds, It sometimes gets a bit load for me on the highway at about 8k. Also at 8k I'm usually quite a bit above the speed limit in 6th gear. I get it over it. But I also know how to keep it quite. But on the highway who really gives a flying fuck. And if you do, you need to get over your self because the world isn't going to change because you don't like something.

What I donít get is these little import cars that have these loud exhaust system, Some punk kid that thinks he now had 30 extra HP like the MFG says he gets just by adding this. And now he thinks he has the fast car on the road. I know that there are some cars that need a bigger exhaust system cause the engine is actually built up and has some HP and may need a better flowing exhaust. I also find it funny that when I come up upon one of these types of cars at a light, or on the highway how they kind of keep everything nice a quite,

As far as my bike goes I could say my exhust is for performace gains and ground clearence. Which is what it really is for, however I certainly don't need it, yet. But I coudn't trun down an aftermarket MIG high mount for $150 bucks.
I love the way my bike sounds, It sometimes gets a bit louad for me on the highway at about 8k. Also at 8k I'm usually quite a bit above the speed limt in 6th gear. I just kind of get over it. But I also know how to keep it quite. But on the highway who really gives a flying Fuck. And if you do, you need to get over your self cause the world isn't going to change becuase you don't like something.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 08:54 PM

A loud exhaust note is ONLY heard from those behind you & sometimes by those besides you but NOT by those up ahead & they are the ones that will not see you & cut you off.

A loud exhaust note can annoy the cage driver behind you & one should not be surprised if they are almost dugging your rear wheel. True it is tail-gating but it could be your extra loud exhaust note that has annoyed the cage driver behind you & he/she is in one of those moods.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Well that is the problem, to many people think they live in a perfect world. If they can't do something why should you be able to do it. This world sucks. But duing my time here I'm going to try to have some dam fun. Just becuase you don't like what I do doesn't mean I don't. There is the respect thing though. Repsect other wishes, be civil. IMO thought the horn will piss off twice as many people, then a quick blip of the throatle will. I realize that the the dude getting ready to make a left in front me is not going to hear my throalte blip. Yes he would hear the horn most likely. But I can't use the horn evertime there is a cage driver making a left hand trun or getting ready to. I will spot left turning cagers. Sometimes I catch my self in the most left section of my lane. And yet there is another lane for to trun left for my direction. This lane postion sucks becuase I know they can not see me even though I see them. I will quickly change my lane postion to the right most postion. This quick movement Could piss off somebody behind me or next to me. Or they may thing I'm doing somthing stupid when in reality I'm just trying to stay alive while have fun at something I enjoy. Just the fact that you are on two wheels can piss some one off.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 04:25 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
A couple articles I found interesting. I tend to agree with Smitty though. I like my bikes to be different from everyone elses, so I leave them stock.

http://www.virginiawind.com/byways/l...save_lives.asp

http://www.virginiawind.com/letters/03oct14.asp

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 09:07 AM

I like my loud pipe!!! And I'm not taking it off for anybody. In fact it is hard to find any bike in Texas with stock exhaust.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode