raced a gixxer today! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

raced a gixxer today!

was riding today at about 55mph on a 4 lane road, and a gixxer 600 pulled up next to me, don't know the year they all look kinda the same I know it wasn't a 04, but looked pretty new, he got in front of me and gassed it so did I in 5th gear didn't shift down and we stayed close and I was pulleing on him at around 100mph, but I had to let off seeings how I got cords showing from my rear tire.

How can this be I thought gixxers were faster than cbr's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 10:46 AM

Roll on race

From a 5th gear roll-on, peak horsepower isn't going to come into play as much. Gearing, aerodynamics, and general condition of the bike will have an influence.

In a straight up drag race (like at a quarter mile strip), given equal riders, the GSXR will probably have you covered. But even then, given that there is only about a 10 horsepower difference between the bikes, it would still be fairly close.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 10:47 AM

All of the bikes from the big four in Jpn are very competitive to each other. Also you could have come across a bike even a bit older then you 600 only kept as clean as a whistle.

If that was in town then I could see the reason of slowing down or that the max on the road might not be 100mph. If he had a ticket or two that might have slowed down his pace.

I would not brag about out dragging, beating another bike or staying with them----still your choice, but I leave that to squids.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 10:48 AM

Tire

Oh, another thing.

Dude, cords showing through that rear tire?! WTF?

Get a new tire TODAY.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 02:29 PM

didn't you just start riding a while ago?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

not cords but pretty close. I bought it that way am going tommorow to get my new tire put on.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

you know what is funny?

When someone calls someone a squid cause they get on there bike a bit, I think it is foolish to have a sport bike if you are just going to cruise really slow and casual, that is a what cruisers and harleys are for. you know what that is called a poser, so either you are a squid for going fast, or a poser if you go slow. I like to get up to speed and them cruise, but my GOD I better not do that or I am a squid, WTF?

I have never know of anyone that has ever owned a sport bike that doesn't get on that thing. so everyone that rides these things around these parts are squids, every guy I come up on the road or at a stop sign gets on his bike had to try to beat me it seems, cruisers or not, so I guess in my town every rider old man or young buck is a squid!!

get over the squid term man. Ride the way you ride and we will ride the way we ride. you dont see us calling you a pussy cause you ride slow. Oh I forgot you are a poser.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gs500f
you know what is funny?

When someone calls someone a squid cause they get on there bike a bit, I think it is foolish to have a sport bike if you are just going to cruise really slow and casual, that is a what cruisers and harleys are for. you know what that is called a poser, so either you are a squid for going fast, or a poser if you go slow. I like to get up to speed and them cruise, but my GOD I better not do that or I am a squid, WTF?

I have never know of anyone that has ever owned a sport bike that doesn't get on that thing. so everyone that rides these things around these parts are squids, every guy I come up on the road or at a stop sign gets on his bike had to try to beat me it seems, cruisers or not, so I guess in my town every rider old man or young buck is a squid!!

get over the squid term man. Ride the way you ride and we will ride the way we ride. you dont see us calling you a pussy cause you ride slow. Oh I forgot you are a poser.
I don't think this is called for... I think you owe someone here an apology. People here aren't here to knock you, only here to help you in what might be in your best interests.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 04:57 PM

Squid vs fast rider

There's a big difference between being a squid and being a sportbiker who rides fast.

First of all, just because someone "gets on it a bit" doesn't make them a squid. We all "get on it" at least once in a while. Hell, I know I do. That's what sportbikes are for. Mostly, it's a matter of being smart with your speed. If you want to preserve life, limb, and license it is important to choose WHERE you speed. If you're gonna bust past 120+, do it on a wide open, no traffic road out in the boonies. A squid will do it in town. If you're going to tear up a canyon road, do it someplace that you've already familiarized yourself with. And be sure to slow down when you come across the occasional farmhouse or school bus-stop. A squid will just blindly and recklessly go through the corners without concern for his safety or the safety of others. Furthermore, he won't do it very well because a squid is more concerned with appearances and ego than in actually improving his riding technique.

See the difference?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by YZFr6-TX
I don't think this is called for... I think you owe someone here an apology. People here aren't here to knock you, only here to help you in what might be in your best interests.
The downside is, when insurence goes up.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 07-19-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode