Finished the MSF this weekend. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Finished the MSF this weekend.

I'm kind of board so I will tell you how it went. Class room stuff was boring, The only thing I really got from it was the press and lean thing. To me it seems more like a push and lean but what ever. The road stuff was kind of boring for me also. I did lean about the counter weight. Putting your weight on the outside to make sharp slow truns.

We had two instructors, At times it seemed that they where giving us 2 different set of instructions for for the same event.

I'm happy to say that I did much better on the eval then I did when I took my license test. Of curse I'm sure the fact that I had been riding for nearly 4 months, and we where on at least I was on a nighthawk help a lot. I wasn't perfect, I didn't break quite in time. For what ever reason I just forgot to pull in that front break. I guess I thought I was on my R6 when I did it. So I missed got like 2 or 3 points from that.

Then here is the big one. ON the last part of the test I was exiting the turn, And I went around the wrong side of the cone. Not that I couldn't of went around the right side but I thought I was supposed to go that way until it was way to late. I got 10 points for that. Oh well.

There was me and one other guy that rode to the course each day, By the 2nd day I got the plesure of being first. Since I was "The most experienced there"

All and all it was an OK Class. Most everything in the class I have read on here or on another website. The only thing I Really got from it was the press and lean.

Everybody in my class did really good and everyone past. Some of them where really nervous. I think my class had more girls then guys. Some of these guys that where in my class said they where either getting or already had a busa, I think there was 2 of them. I had one guy in my class say to me isn't the 600 kind of small? I get that a lot to, from random people, I had one guy at work come in and he starting taking about the bike in the parking lot saying he rode and r6 and it wasn't that fast. He didn't know it was my bike, I just keep my mouth shut. I don't think he know what he was talking about. I don't think he like me and I think he was trying to make me look like a jackass. But he didn't know what the hell he was talking about so it back fired on him. I never go out to try to attack somebody that I don't know form a hole in the ground.

Since the 2nd class was starting, I asked one of the guys in the class if he thought it was a good idea if I pull a wheelie on my way out. He was like NOooooooooooooo, Anyway I don't have the balls to do something like that.

All and All for me it was ok, I got yelled at a couple of times for riding the bike instead of "power walking it" So then I just kind of air walked it. For sombody that has never road before would diffently be a good course. Of course the first time I got on there bike I immeidaly covred the front break with 2 fingers where as they wanted 4. On the bikes we where on you needed all 4 figers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 03:40 AM

Yeah, i feel the same way. I had been riding two years before i took the MSF class. Its great for noobs, but very slow and boring for experienced riders. I failed the road test miserably so i took the MSF to get my endorsement.

IMHO r6's are only fast in curves-- its all relative to what your comparing it to. High 10 or low 11'[email protected] isnt all that fast to me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode