Help me choose plz! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Help me choose plz!

Ok here is my concern, I am looking to buy brand new bike and its either going to be the ZZR250 or the 500R from the dealer. I love the look of the ZZR250 100 times better then the 500R Color is better too. But As far as power I know the ZZR250 is slower by about 2 seconds 1/4 mile well thats what I read.

Anyhow because the 500R is $600 CDN more then the ZZR250 wouldn't it be better to get the ZZR250 and use that extra $600 in mods like exhaust or some other performance mod to make more power then the 500R stock would?

What do you guys think? Here are the 2 bikes I like the black ZZR250. But if I was to get the 500R i would get the silver one. Have a look!

http://www.kawasaki.ca/touring/ZZ-R250/#

http://www.kawasaki.ca/sportbike/500R/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 04:18 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Both are suitable for a beginning rider, so the question then becomes: Which one do you want? Have you seen both in person? Have you sat on them to get a feel for comfort?

Have you taken the MSF, or Canadian equivalent?

It will do you little good to buy a bike based on strangers on the internet giving you their preferences.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 08:22 AM

my I like the look of the 500 better. Depending on your learing curve, you may quickly get board of the power of a 250, Not in the truns and what not but on a stright away. My 89XR250 drit bike is more then I would ever need in the woods. But out on the road It will top out at about 70 MPH.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 09:15 AM

I have the ex500 in navy and plan to do some painting soon! Having said that, I love the bike. For a $600 price difference you're much better off with the added power. The 250 can be a bit of a dog, and isn't the greatest on the highway.

Besides, if you have any doubts about the "look" of an ex500, check out what you can do:

http://www.classicbikes.com/2003-april-paulo-ex500.jpg

Enjoy shopping! If you want any local tips, drop me a pm!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

shyryder where in ontario are you abouts? maybe we can ride together once I get my bike. Hopefully I should be riding in a few weeks. I just got all my gear are you can read the above post.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 04:51 PM

I would say that shyrider has aimed at the correct bike for you being the 500. That bike will be good for a season plus & you will still be learning a lot besides able to hit the hwys with it & keep the power down for even on the hwys the bike can cruise all day, well above the speed limits.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 05:19 PM

You know what...screw what everyone is telling you and get your hands on Dodge's concept bike. DOesn't that thing have a viper engine on it, along with 4 wheels all with independant suspension? Supposedly, the top speed is unknown, and I wouldn't doubt it.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5669

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:47 PM

LoL,

Dont get the 250.

Get the EX500, you can always change the look.

I will admit the zzr250 looks better

What about a ZZR600? or a suzuki SV650?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 03:32 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Slip-On Rapist
You know what...screw what everyone is telling you and get your hands on Dodge's concept bike. DOesn't that thing have a viper engine on it, along with 4 wheels all with independant suspension? Supposedly, the top speed is unknown, and I wouldn't doubt it.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5669
4 wheels = car.....not bike.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
4 wheels = car.....not bike.
SO the Goldwing with the 2 trainee wheels on the back is not a bike?

Go for the 500, the 250 will be outgrown after one season or less of riding. SV650 is also a good option and not a lot of plastic to crack up and you would not outgrow it for a long time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode